Getting back from JOG ...Plane or train?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CafGriff

Any suggestion anyone, regarding the same finish at JoG's - but aimimg to got home to Plymouth? I'm planning to do LEJoG before April.
Plan A - is to pursued a chum to spend a few days using my car to meet me at JoG's and be there for when I arrive.!!
It just seems a big ask to ask someone to be a driver for a couple of days.

as I'm typing away on the keyboard I'm getting a blue 'corner tab' with 3 'count down, waiting, flashing white squares' in the blue tab .... does anyone know what that means???

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Has anybody flown easyjet back from inverness?
yes
If so how did you pack the bike?
In a van following on. It fared a deal better than the bike turned to metal spaghetti by Gatwick's luggage handlers.

Any suggestion anyone, regarding the same finish at JoG's - but aimimg to got home to Plymouth? I'm planning to do LEJoG before April.
Plan A - is to pursued a chum to spend a few days using my car to meet me at JoG's and be there for when I arrive.!!
It just seems a big ask to ask someone to be a driver for a couple of days.

If you don't use Plan A, start looking at the train fares, as they sell the advance tickets now, for train departures in about 12-13 weeks time Often they're released on a Friday, sometimes not, so check every day. Be creative with booking the trains - sometimes it's cheaper to book different sections, rather than 1 long trip - you can get from Inverness back to London for under £30, plus whatever Wick to Inverness would be. Then plan on cycling from Kings Cross to either Paddington or Waterloo, and again try splitting the train journey into London to Swindon + Swindon to Bristol + Bristol to Plymouth, or London to Reading + Reading to Plymouth.

And respect for planning on doing this before April - hope you've got good waterproofs!

CafGriff

:eek:
If you don't use Plan A, start looking at the train fares, as they sell the advance tickets now, for train departures in about 12-13 weeks time Often they're released on a Friday, sometimes not, so check every day. Be creative with booking the trains - sometimes it's cheaper to book different sections, rather than 1 long trip - you can get from Inverness back to London for under £30, plus whatever Wick to Inverness would be. Then plan on cycling from Kings Cross to either Paddington or Waterloo, and again try splitting the train journey into London to Swindon + Swindon to Bristol + Bristol to Plymouth, or London to Reading + Reading to Plymouth.

And respect for planning on doing this before April - hope you've got good waterproofs!
:thumbsup: Thank you !! :eek:
Ha!! You made me nervous now you mentioned the 'before April bit !! HA!

snorri

Legendary Member
Are there any suggestion for getting from JOG's to the South West?

How much in advance did you guys organise the journeys back?
I've yet to set my KO day to venture 'up north from the south' .... and I'm seeking advise from Sustrans as to the state of the Western routes so far after these horrific storms.
I see you can get a train from Wick at 06.20 arriving Plymouth 22.43 in April for just less than £97 with changes at Inverness, Haymarket, Wolverhampton and Birmingham.
Horrific storms in the west? Which storms?

Top Bottom