Getting back in the saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Have had a break from MTBing for a couple of years now. Had a few close calls and nasty scrapes which knocked my confidence. Also seemed to meet a lot of undesirables everytime I did a canal run. Even sold my pride of joy Cannondale :sad:

Anyway, have decided to take the bull by the horns and get back into it, in more of a xcountry/fire road way rather than the more technical stuff. The puppy also loves exercise so I'm hoping she can be a companion.

So, I've bought this..........a Proflex 629. Bargain as it's last years and I hope it gives me the incentive to get off my fat arse again. Wish me luck!!! :smile: :biggrin:

Proflex-269-2009-27153-Medium.jpg

MickL

Über Member
Good luck and have fun :tongue:

02GF74

Über Member
good luck and get that fat arse off.

rpfelx - didnl;t realise they were back - tunred into K2 st one point abouot 5 years ago then disappeared from UK altogether,

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

02GF74 said:
good luck and get that fat arse off.

rpfelx - didnl;t realise they were back - tunred into K2 st one point abouot 5 years ago then disappeared from UK altogether,

Hope I haven't got myself a f*cking white elephant then!!! The spec is pretty decent for what I paid though.

*fingers crossed*

02GF74

Über Member
^^^^ without googling, dunno much about this bike ... but worst case you be difficulty in obtaining the rear deraiileur drop out; all other bits are easily replaceable.

Yay! Snapper's back into proper biking! ;):bravo::bravo:That's more like it!

Go for it girl! :angry:

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Thanks Giles, looking forward to getting it now and having a blast about ... well, more of a crawl with my crap fitness level at the mo.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

GilesM said:
Bike looks good, very good price, have fun.

Just wanted to bump this up. Thanks GilesM - have put the bike through the paces at the weekend and all is good.

Gearing smooth as anything, front sus good, controls quick (needed to be with a mad dog running along side), comfortable and a bargain. What more could one ask for a half price bike. :biggrin: Impressed.

Top Bottom