Getting back on the bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dancetiludrop

Regular
Hi there,
I'm a cyclist through necessity rather than pleasure! Having commuted to work locally for years I moved jobs to work in central London so adding a two hour journey each way to my day and initially a considerable strain to the wallet using the Tube and buses.
Eventually I decided to try the "Boris" bikes and discovered that cycling in the big smoke was in some ways less scary that cycling in rural Oxfordshire so moved my Trek up to live at the station...then as the buses at this end became unreliable I went the whole hog and invested in a Brompton!
Cycling around 14km a day should keep me fitter (and slimmer!) than it does :smile:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Dancetiludrop welcome
How are you getting on with the Brompton ?
And you are a whole braver than me as i wouldn't fancy cycling in London at all

OP
OP
Dancetiludrop

Dancetiludrop

Regular
@Dancetiludrop welcome
How are you getting on with the Brompton ?
And you are a whole braver than me as i wouldn't fancy cycling in London at all
Love my Brompton - as well as working in London I travel about the UK and have started to take him (:tongue: I know, anthropomorphising a bicycle!!) on the trains to get me around - very useful when the local public transport isn't up to much!
I'll be honest - it is heavy to lug round and as I am only 5'3'' my arms aren't quite up to keeping it high enough off the group :laugh:
But the traffic in the city is generally moving around at a slower rate than out here in the shires and in the main the other road users are cycle aware - in fact it is other cyclists who are the biggest challenge!

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
I'm happy to cycle anywhere and I wouldn't mind a run on the super highways.

Unfortunately, I too think cycling should keep us slimmer than it actually does. :shy: Anyway, welcome to CC.:welcome:

OP
OP
Dancetiludrop

Dancetiludrop

Regular

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Hi there,
I'm a cyclist through necessity rather than pleasure! Having commuted to work locally for years I moved jobs to work in central London so adding a two hour journey each way to my day and initially a considerable strain to the wallet using the Tube and buses.
Eventually I decided to try the "Boris" bikes and discovered that cycling in the big smoke was in some ways less scary that cycling in rural Oxfordshire so moved my Trek up to live at the station...then as the buses at this end became unreliable I went the whole hog and invested in a Brompton!
Cycling around 14km a day should keep me fitter (and slimmer!) than it does :smile:
Welcome to the forum. Cycling in London is in many ways safer than the countryside. :welcome:

Top Bottom