Getting back on the saddle, road bike help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boybiker

Guru
Some of you may remember me on here from aaaaaggggggeeesss ago! Anyway back on topic. I want to buy a new road bike as my old one has just about had it and the frame is starting to look very tatty to say the least!

I'm looking to spend around the £600-£700 mark as the bike wont be used most of the week! :sad: I will be using it at the weekends only for 'light use'

I have narrowed it down to a few choices (although any recommendations in the price bracket welcome!) but I just want to know what each bike has to offer in simple terms. For example I have no idea which gear sets are best now etc.

The bikes I'm considering at the moment are:
Specialized Secteur Triple 2012 Road Bike
Trek 1.2 C H2 2012 Road Bike
Fuji Newest 1.0 2012 Road Bike

Cheers for the help people! I need it...:laugh:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Giant Defy 3 or 4 would be my choice - i got the 4 and its arriving tomorrow morning :wahhey:

defy-one

The Sectuer got poor reviews. Don't know about the other two, i would go try them for size and see how they feel.
I'm biased aswell towards Giant Defy's - i rode a 5 and 3 - loved the 3 so much ..... I bought the 1 :smile:

Hamm

Regular
Giant Defy 3! I picked mine up a few months back and love it. Fantastic ride for the money.

Brad

The Trek seems like good bang for buck as does the specialized, not really heard much about the Fuji so can't really comment on that. In terms of your budget you will be looking at a Shimano Sora - Tiagra groupset at most unless you go second hand in which case you would be able to pick up a 105/ultegra specced bike for the upper end of your budget.

OP
OP
boybiker

boybiker

Guru

Don't fear I found out Evans do an 'approved dealer' thing. So I can use my Evans ride to work voucher at my LBS. They stock the giant defy range and they are only on the other side of town! Now I'm just waiting for my voucher to come through! :whistle:

Top Bottom