Getting back to training after a cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
- which I think is down to my asthma mimicking the symptoms. Which has led me to try and identify the original source (academic / medical journal papers) for the received wisdom and I couldn't...
As a child, I was diagnosed with chronic bronchitis. What that meant is every cold was succeeded by weeks of wheezing coughing, many visits to the doctor, foul cough mixtures, penicillin orally and...um..intramuscularly into my largest muscle. Decades later the symptoms came back, and I was diagnosed with asthma. I realised that it was asthma before, the wheezing (like a flock of seagulls, as my childhood doctor memorably put it) and the intense itch behind my breastbone.

I later saw a study comparing the rate of childhood asthma in 60s and 70s with now, and it mentioned in the footnotes that the earlier figures included those diagnosed with chronic bronchitis.

https://www.asthma.org.uk/advice/triggers/colds-and-flu/

Note: the experience left me with two phobias: banana because of banana flavoured penicillin, and because injection penicillin is very thick, needles.

Reactions: Dor
Note: the experience left me with two phobias: banana because of banana flavoured penicillin, and because injection penicillin is very thick, needles.

Now you see, for me, the one saving grace was the banana flavoured penicillin!

Globalti

Legendary Member
If it's bronchitis, it's chronic inflammation of the airways. Try taking ibuprofen for a couple of days, it's an anti-inflammatory.

Top Bottom