Getting back to training after a cold

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by currystomper, 6 Mar 2018.

1. As a child, I was diagnosed with chronic bronchitis. What that meant is every cold was succeeded by weeks of wheezing coughing, many visits to the doctor, foul cough mixtures, penicillin orally and...um..intramuscularly into my largest muscle. Decades later the symptoms came back, and I was diagnosed with asthma. I realised that it was asthma before, the wheezing (like a flock of seagulls, as my childhood doctor memorably put it) and the intense itch behind my breastbone.

I later saw a study comparing the rate of childhood asthma in 60s and 70s with now, and it mentioned in the footnotes that the earlier figures included those diagnosed with chronic bronchitis.

https://www.asthma.org.uk/advice/triggers/colds-and-flu/

Note: the experience left me with two phobias: banana because of banana flavoured penicillin, and because injection penicillin is very thick, needles.

Dor likes this.
  2. amasidlover

amasidlover Über Member

Now you see, for me, the one saving grace was the banana flavoured penicillin!

jefmcg likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    currystomper

currystomper Über Member

Yup, still got the cough, taking it easy and seeing the doc next week..

4. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

If it's bronchitis, it's chronic inflammation of the airways. Try taking ibuprofen for a couple of days, it's an anti-inflammatory.

5. OP
    OP
    currystomper

currystomper Über Member

Thks for the tip

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice