Getting cold feet...literally!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Now oddly, I have NEVER got on with sealskins, not for cycling anyway. My feet sweated and got cold, the sweat having nowhere to go (waterproof works both ways).

Admittedly, I bought them for use on my motorcycle getting on for 10 years ago so maybe there is a different design available now.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
How about a nice pair of woolie boolie socks? Got a pair of these recently and even on a -6c ride they kept my toes in reasonable shape. I did wear overshoes too, but on a 50mile ride the cold will eventually penetrate.​
You can't beat Merino wool socks in this weather, plus your feet don't sweat like synthetic fabrics tend to cause.​

I also get freezing feet even with overboots etc best thing i found was the simplest stick the shoes on the radiator before you go out. At the least it extends the amount of time before they get cold.

judder

Yeah I have same problem. Have tried everything, plastic bags, tin foil,2 pairs of overshoes(thin pair and neoprene pair) but always get cold toes.. Unfortunately cannot wear very thick socks as they make my cycling shoes to tight..
Have been recommended a pair of. Assos fuguspeer socks, they are quite expensive but supposedly not much thicker than a normal sock..Anybody tried these or heard about them.

ironman

Regular
Hi Chewy
If I remember correctly we both have DEFY 3's - Anyway, I recently changed my original saddle ffor a FIZIK ALIANTE (FOR BULLS) and have really found this comfortable - oil and water with Giants original saddle. Well worth the money even if it is 1/6 of the bikes price new!!!!

OP
OP
chewy

chewy

Thanks for the advice.

I have now fitted a charge spoon due to mostly good things said, but have only done 25 miles on it so far so not sure how it'll fair....plus I reckon it'll need a bit of time to 'bed' a bit lol.

Also have seal skins now and neoprene over shoes.....alot to test out at the weekend !!!!

Top Bottom