Getting into the music industry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I agree with @Electric_Andy re the skill of singing in front of an audience. My grandaughter has a really good singing voice. She spent years with various 'companies' and even produced a cd. She performed (as part of a large group) in front of hundreds of a paying audience.
BUT......she just didnt have that confidence you MUST have to succeed as a solo artist.
I wish your lad all the best.

delb0y

Legendary Member
Mind you, there's a better way that's a lot more fun, and it's what we used to do 40+ years ago. That is: form a band with your mates! I had my first band at 15, so still a bit older than your boy, but it's been a lifetime of great fun, great mates, great music, great gigs etc. I'd highly recommend the "traditional" route :-) Might not get fame and fortune but he'll have a ball.

johnblack

Über Member
Mind you, there's a better way that's a lot more fun, and it's what we used to do 40+ years ago. That is: form a band with your mates! I had my first band at 15, so still a bit older than your boy, but it's been a lifetime of great fun, great mates, great music, great gigs etc. I'd highly recommend the "traditional" route :-) Might not get fame and fortune but he'll have a ball.
I am currently roadie for my mates kids band, having a right laugh and they're pretty good which makes it even better. I have absolutely no musical talent, but have a big car and van, can lug big old subs about and can cable with competence. They've just been asked to play at a 3 night gig in Germany, I'm not sure we get a private jet though.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
TBH
i think hes living in cloud cuckoo land , muchas i love and encourage him he seems to think you can go straight to pop star doing a sing a long .
You could be right, but if he's good and enjoys it then there's no harm encouraging him, but as you say you've got to be realistic at the same time

Top Bottom