Getting one up on the Daily Mail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The only thing that redeems the awful Daily Mail is that it named the Stephen Lawrence killers and invited them to sue it in court, which reopened the whole disgraceful affair and led eventually to the conviction of his murderers.

Slim

Über Member
Well done Gaz.

You do now realise that you will be on Daily Mail hit list and they will publish stories about you smuggling immigrants into the country. ^_^
....and those immigrants killed Dead Spice Princess Diana before coming over here to claim benefits.

ASC1951

Guru
Gaz, re the point in your blog re tax, if you gift aid the money to LCC, they will be able to claim back the tax you have deducted from the donation
I'll add another step to that - if the thieving gits at the DM, or any other newspaper, try to steal another of your videos, get them to give the money direct to your chosen charity. It may well cost them less because of the tax treatment and they will be able to put a 'look, aren't we wonderful' spin on it - both of which would justify at least doubling the amount!

Reactions: gaz
OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
2904061 said:
Have you checked that you aren't an asylum seeker @gaz
We both live in Croydon, I think we know the answer to that ;)
I'll add another step to that - if the thieving gits at the DM, or any other newspaper, try to steal another of your videos, get them to give the money direct to your chosen charity. It may well cost them less because of the tax treatment and they will be able to put a 'look, aren't we wonderful' spin on it - both of which would justify at least doubling the amount!
I was tempted to do that, but it worked out easier for them to pay me directly this time, but in future I will keep that in mind from the start.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The only thing that redeems the awful Daily Mail is that it named the Stephen Lawrence killers and invited them to sue it in court, which reopened the whole disgraceful affair and led eventually to the conviction of his murderers.
Surprisingly, they also do a few other useful things from time to time ... I discovered that they are doing a lot to raise public awareness of the serious health risks of DVT/PE. In fact, they have published so many articles on the subject that I wonder if someone high in the organisation lost a loved one to it? (LINK)

PS Well done Gaz! :thumbsup:

Peteaud

Veteran
:bravo:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Gaz has hit on an issue with the Mail website that has been raised in the trade.

All newspapers 'lift' stories from each other, but the MailOnline was being particularly blatant about it, and not giving the other publication a credit.

The other newspapers cannot complain too heavily because, as I say, they all do it.

But following a number of discussions, MailOnline do now credit other media sources.

Readers may have noticed phrases such as 'XXXX told The Sun' or 'as reported in The Mirror' appearing more regularly on the MailOnline site in recent months.

asterix

Comrade Member

They were also supporters of Fascism. I think they could reprise that role.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
[CP buys a camera, (and a helmet - sigh) and spends the rest of his life riding round London hoping to get 5 minutes footage of the queen driving, jumping red lights, shouting abuse at cyclists and giving anyone on 2 wheels the 'coffee beans' hand signal....]

Top Bottom