Getting Started With Zwift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fisheh

@Paddy I'm sure you will like it :-)
@2old I like strava for the social aspect and gaining motivation, I think it's good to see how much other people do when you don't have much experience like me and you can see your improvements . It is free as well paying does not give much extra.
As for planning rides etc have you ever used this
http://labs.strava.com/heatmap/#6/-120.90000/38.36000/blue/bike
It's great when going on strange ground , when I go away I use that to plan my runs, it's good to see where people use the most.
Then you have strava segments, I love it but you do have to watch it at our age :-)

2oldnslow

@Fisheh "but you do have to watch it at our age :-)" sad but very very true and thanks for pointing out that there's a free Strava option I wasn't aware of that. Silly not to give it a go in that case.

Ian193

Über Member
@Fisheh "but you do have to watch it at our age :-)" sad but very very true and thanks for pointing out that there's a free Strava option I wasn't aware of that. Silly not to give it a go in that case.

You only need the free Strava I've been using it for years with no problems

gillian

Can Zwift be run on a tablet? I'd like to give it a try but not sure if I need a full pc as everything refers to PCs or laptop?

Fisheh

Not at the moment, there is an app that you use to give you chat and other controls on your bike but the program itself only runs on a pc.
If you listen to rumours they are not far off releasing an app for tablets like the bkool one so that you don't need a pc.
But for now it's pc only.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
That's me buggered then had it since 2012-2013
I got a new laptop in order to run zwift and I don't like it. That may not help you feel any better :laugh:

I only 'purchased' the trainer two or three weeks ago, but that doesn't mean it hasn't sat on a shelf for 12+ months. How do I find out when the trainer was manufactured.

I had to do a few updates when I got it, but i've never been given the option of a ant+ fe-c (whatever that is!) , so i'm presuming I haven't got the necessary kit?

I have got to upgrade my pc to a 64bit version of windows if I want to run zwift (currently on win 10 32 bit) I'm wondering if its worth the trouble and cost of upgrading.

g00se

Veteran
I only 'purchased' the trainer two or three weeks ago, but that doesn't mean it hasn't sat on a shelf for 12+ months. How do I find out when the trainer was manufactured.

I had to do a few updates when I got it, but i've never been given the option of a ant+ fe-c (whatever that is!) , so i'm presuming I haven't got the necessary kit?

I have got to upgrade my pc to a 64bit version of windows if I want to run zwift (currently on win 10 32 bit) I'm wondering if its worth the trouble and cost of upgrading.

Info is here:

http://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/201697324-Bkool-Electronic-Trainers

I think all Bkool Pros are OK - it's the classic that can be old. One hint is where the resistance unit on the Classic has a USB socket - that's the old version. The newer version has just the power socket and the LED.

Info is here:

http://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/201697324-Bkool-Electronic-Trainers

I think all Bkool Pros are OK - it's the classic that can be old. One hint is where the resistance unit on the Classic has a USB socket - that's the old version. The newer version has just the power socket and the LED.

lol, i've got a classic with a usb port. So it looks like i've got the old type.
FYI, the i've never actually seen the LED do anything. (Although I can't actually see it while i'm riding.)

g00se

Veteran
lol, i've got a classic with a usb port. So it looks like i've got the old type.
FYI, the i've never actually seen the LED do anything. (Although I can't actually see it while i'm riding.)

Bkool have said they'll update the older version to allow FE-C but it's going to take longer that the later version

Taken from the above link....

The ANT+ FE-C adoption for these Classic trainers manufactured before Aug 14′ will happen through a firmware update. No button will be shown on the pairing screen in this case, the trainers will be ANT+ FE-C right after the update. This firmware update will also include the inertia simulation, which is a feature that has always been included in the Bkool Pro and “new” Classic trainers.

No button will display after the update. Perhaps I already have this ANT+ FE-C ??

I'm now wondering if my trainer got the inertia simulation. The trainer seems smooth enough on gradient changes so I'm happy enough with it as it is.

Top Bottom