Getting the size right

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

munrobagger48

Hi I need some help buying my first road bike, I have an old Gary Fisher mountain bike and an old hand built tourer. However my wife has recently bought new road bike with a triple cassette and is leaving me behind on the hills, so the time has come to open my wallet and buy something to keep up with her. Sizing is the problem at 5ft 10-11 inches I am not sure about size to go for, my tourer is a 58cm bike, I have seen a good second hand bike on EBAY but its 56 cms would it fit me. PS we are both in our sixties and pretty fit for our ages.

huwsparky

Über Member
I'm 5' 9" and my 54cm Giant is a perfect fit. I'd say a 58cm would be a little on the large side for you. Also worth noting that some bikes come up bigger than others in the same size dependent on manufacturer.

Can you try the one on eBay out?

OP
OP
munrobagger48

munrobagger48

I'm 5' 9" and my 54cm Giant is a perfect fit. I'd say a 58cm would be a little on the large side for you. Also worth noting that some bikes come up bigger than others in the same size dependent on manufacturer.

Can you try the one on eBay out?
Hi thanks for your time to reply, no unfortunately the seller is away until after auction finishes. Its a bit outside my comfort zone to bid for something that you have only seen in a photo.

Top Bottom