Ghetto Tubeless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Its a bit of a faf and can make the fitting of some tyres very awkward in the " thats bloody tight sense".
It works but the stans type kits are better But i guess your looking to save money.

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
Just bought the bike so didn't want to fork out for new wheels just to run tubeless. Happy with tubes at the moment but was just wondering if it was worth it.

Stans kits? Are they conversion kits then?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Stan's is a well known make of conversion kits.

My mate who is a keen mountain biker prefers another make, which I can't remember.

But you won't go far wrong with Stan's.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Stans have a guide which shows which rims will run tubeless ready tyres anyway. It's worth going onto a site like Single track world.com and asking the assembled experts whether your current rims will take tubeless tyres. For example my lad's DT Swiss rims are not sold as tubeless ready, but we have them up and running using Stans tape, tubeless valves and sealant. No ghetto or rim strips required.

Jody

Stubborn git
For example my lad's DT Swiss rims are not sold as tubeless ready, but we have them up and running using Stans tape, tubeless valves and sealant. No ghetto or rim strips required.

Same with my standard Giant rims. No way are they tuebless ready, but a bit of stans tape plus a compressor and they have been tubeless now for over a year.

Top Bottom