Ghost AMR plus Rear axle nut

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

justin33

Hi guys,
I recently brought a second hand Ghost AMR plus 5900 but the rear 12mm thru axle bolt is missing. I have spent days and days emails companies including Ghost and DT Swiss and various other people to see if they can supply or at least put me in the right direction but ive hit a dead end.

I thought that with the skewer being DT Swiss that the nut should come with the skewer but it doesn't, its the frame that comes with the nut.

Ive attached a pic of the set up ( I think its called x-12 drop out or something ) and the nut is actually recessed into the frame and is also a coned shape

Can anybody help me out as the bike is usless without it

Thanks

Attachments

• 144111_1543394.jpg
    144111_1543394.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 72

Milkfloat

An Peanut
They must be generic, surely they are not frame specific, as long as you get the right thread. Looking at https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/dt-swiss-rws-x-12-alloy/rp-prod81163 then I think https://gearmechhanger.com/Lock-nut-for-DT-Swiss-12x142-Axle-M12x1 could work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
justin33

justin33

Thanks for your reply mate.

Yes I would of thought that to but i cant seem to find anything. I have already seen the nut in your link but its a 1.5 inch pitch and i need a 1 inch pitch. Also i cant see if its tapered at the end or not.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Thanks for your reply mate.

Yes I would of thought that to but i cant seem to find anything. I have already seen the nut in your link but its a 1.5 inch pitch and i need a 1 inch pitch. Also i cant see if its tapered at the end or not.

I edited my post to a 1 inch thread.

OP
OP
justin33

justin33

i got one of those pili nuts today from ebay but it doesn't fit. The nut i need has a a collar that slides over the axle thread and then you tighten it up

Levo-Lon

Guru
If all else fails a machine shop engineering firm will be able to make one for you.

The thread on a new carbon fork has a thread that unique,in that my 3 other 15mm axles don't fit.

Last edited:

migrantwing

Veteran
GHOST bikes - top notch!

Top Bottom