Giant After Sales Customer Service - First Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Virtual DBP

Bought my oldest one a bike 3 years ago, a Giant Rock, which cost me £200.

Now he didn’t look after it, frame all scratched etc but he complained that it wasn’t changing gear very well. Anyway to cut a long story short, his bottom bracket was finished which meant the crank was loose.

I decided i would have a go myself. Bought the crank arm remover and bottom bracket tool and was going great to the point where i couldn’t budge the bracket on the drive side (other side came of ok).

After a couple of hours and a lot of WD40 it still wasn’t moving so i decided to take it to my LBS and ask them to budge it (and buy a new BB while i was there). they couldn’t do it there and then so asked if i could leave it and get it later.

2hrs later they call me. They finally managed to budge it but said that it looked as though the BB was put in wrong in the first place and therefore the thread in the frame was knackered.

They also said they had been on the phone to Giant, who had told them to replace it with a brand new bike, and as they don’t sell the rock anymore i was to get the next one up, i.e. boulder at £250.

Turned out after a day at glentress i chipped in an extra £225 to the £250 boulder to get him a talon 2.5…

...but i’m really pleased with both the service from giant who swapped it with no quibble and with my local bike shop who sorted it out for me and by the time i’d got there the next day had actually prepared what they thought would be the replacement boulder and swapped over all the old extra bits from the first bike, e.g. mudguards and stand

these sort of things give me great confidence in buying giant again and we already have 3 giant bikes in the house but thinking about future bikes, i think i'm now what they will call a loyal customer ;)

Norm

Excellent result. ;)

I have a Talon (which I love!) and I'm about to (if I can get my CTW scheme set up) get a Defy to sit alongside it and the 20-year old Coldrock which is about to get road tyres fitted.

You could probably call me a loyal customer too. :smile:

MrRidley

Yes i'm very pleased with Giant too, i bought a Defy 4 back in August, something hit the seatube whilst i was riding it and caused a nasty deep gash, phoned Giant explained what happened and within 2 weeks replaced the whole frame with an upgraded team advanced frame, really top customer service.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Virtual DBP said:
2hrs later they call me. They finally managed to budge it but said that it looked as though the BB was put in wrong in the first place and therefore the thread in the frame was knackered.

They also said they had been on the phone to Giant, who had told them to replace it with a brand new bike, and as they don’t sell the rock anymore i was to get the next one up, i.e. boulder at £250.

Sounds like a good LBS too:smile:

elvisparsley

My Giant SCR frame snapped a while back and Giant replaced it with a TCR Alliance frame worth a tidy penny more than the whole original bike. Fantastic. Shame it's been nicked, mind.

Keith Oates

Janner
I also bought a few Giants when I was in China and the service was always first class. They have such a large range of every type of bike that they are now the first brand I look at when buying new. Unfortunately they do not have much of a presence in Vietnam, or at least not in the area where I work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom