Giant Avail 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
specs here
Got a friend who's riding hers in the Antwerp Ironman this coming weekend.
It's brand new, so I'm taking it out for a shakedown ride.
Never ridden a high quality racing machine before.
It's beautiful.
Will post pic later.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
specs here
Got a friend who's riding hers in the Antwerp Ironman this coming weekend.
It's brand new, so I'm taking it out for a shakedown ride.
Never ridden a high quality racing machine before.
It's beautiful.
Will post pic later.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
First off, I am male and it felt all wrong.
Bars too narrow and too close. Saddle height not quite right - but it is fitted for my friend and I did not want to alter this.
The transmission behaved impeccably and the gearing was sensible for a female non-pro, 50/36 and 11-28. There was a little bit of chain chattering towards the end of my 45 mile run, but that's to be excpected when the bike is running in and is easily remedied.
I've always ridden steell bikes before and this, with its full carbon frame felt quite different - curiously insubstantial and rattly and with non of the springiness I'm used to. But the ride, with the tyres on 120 psi was smooth mostly, despite the egregious state of the country roads, so there must be some compliance somewhere.
The only time it was faster than any of my bikes and the only time I was happy riding it, was when climbing and then I ghosted up the hills, including my local horror, Streatley Hill. This must be solely down to the bike's very light weight though.
Do I want to ride it again? No!!
Anyway, I'll clean it, lube it, adjust it, check it over and it'll be ready to roll.
Good luck on Sunday sweetie!

Her bike:-

316ogsm.jpg

Top Bottom