giant bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I had good news today, I don't have to go near hellfords for my cycle to work scheme bike. so I went to a lbs near work. he asked a few questions and recommended a giant crs 2.5 fs, full mudgaurds etc. anybody know anything about these bikes? are they any good , forcommute along country roads.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hi Jogger, good news indeed!

Justr had a look at the Giant. Looks absolutely peachy for a commute. Frame will be fine, Cr-Moly forks add to the comfort factor (waaay better than cheap & nasty suspension systems, the 35c tyres will have a nice mix of speed and comfort especially over slightly imperfect rural roads, the drive-train and stopping system is basic, proven and reliable and the addiotion of full mudguards is just the ticket.

Giant aren't the worlds biggest bike maker for nothing... quality machines with excellent VFM.
Try before you buy and make sure you are happy with the 'Fit' of the bike.

k-dog

I would go for the cheaper one - the front suspension will not give you any advantage for commuting - and the added weight and bobbing around are a disadvantage.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Hi Jogger
I recomended Southdowns in a previous post, their servis is excellent & they do know their stuff
I also bought a Giant from them http://southdownsbikes.com/products.php?plid=m1b0s18p3564
So far i've clocked nearly 1500 miles on it, most of which pulling my kids in a trailer & at least 1/4 of those miles have been 'off road' - I reckon my bikes taken a some serious stick & it's still as good as new - IMO you can't go far wrong with a Giant

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Hi thanks for the advice, yes funny, I did see your earlier post, thats where I got th idea to look there.
Thanks

Top Bottom