Giant Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelM

Guru
Are the Giant TCR and SCR models the equivalent of the Specialized Tarmac and Roubaix ?One a racing frame and the other a more comfortable race frame!

Still dithering on the bike front but want something a bit lighter for the summer. My current steel frame with Aksiums and Specialized Armadillos is a bit tank-like in comparison to the bikes of those I ride with.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Thats about it mike. My Carbon TCR is meant for racing, but i use it for riding round the countryside, all be it quickly. The SCR supposedly is built for the riding i do, but i'll stick with my TCR thanks.
They'll both be about the same, and it will only be a smidge in geometry change or componentry between them. Worth trying to get a ride on them both if you can, but i reckon the frames are essentially the same and it will only differences in stems/bars that will make them different

SamNichols

Giant use he compact frame design on most of their models, so they should be practically the same, except for frame material.
SCR is more comparable to the Specialized Allez than either Roubaix or Tarmac. It's a good bike (I have an SCR2), standard aluminium with carbon fork, and then finishing kit depending on which one you buy, ranging from 4 (Sora) to 1 (105). Either way, it's light and handles like a dream: might want to sling the aksiums on it, and perhaps a new saddle, but it's great straight out of the box.

OP
OP
M

MichaelM

Guru
Thanks. It was the SCR Carbon bikes I had in mind when posting - hence the Tarmac/Roubaix comparison.

The club rides can become a bit competitive - without being a race, so in the words of Steve I'm after a bike for riding round the countryside, all be it quickly.

Giant is now in the equation. Along with Planet X, Kuota Kharma, and the Orbea Onix.

Top Bottom