Giant Content AR1 2021 vs 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdcadillac

Hello all,
I spoke with a local dealer and he mentioned that the Content AR1 2021 will be in next week. I was under the impression that there is no new stock till September through November. I was wrong
i am not a bike expert and will not know the difference between 2021 and 2020 and even the dealer mentioned that he doesn't have information yet. the link below is from a Giant in Korea
could you please tell me your advice on this bike? have anyone own the 2020? The dealer told me that Carbon is better than aluminium and that the latter vibrate more than the carbon.
your feedback is always much appreciated

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/kr/contend-ar-1-2021

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Extremely limited information on the AR1 2021 (and the AR1 2020) but from what i can find its really just the paint job. The drivechain is still Shimano 105 though they dont say which model of 105. Im guessing R7020 because of hydraulic disc brakes.

I would wait to see what the dealer gets in. Maybe there is a certain colour you might take a fancy to. otherwise your dealer might need to shift last years stock so will discount the 2020 model... If he drops a £300 discount on the 2020 to get it shifted, i would probably go for that.

I thought the contend was aluminium ?
If you want carbon you going to have pay more - if its your only bike and you have the cash I would go carbon. However I used to have an aluminium giant defy (now renamed contend) and it it was great bike for the money

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
My wife has the Defy / Contend in alu and it's a super machine. Honestly it's every bit as good as my carbon TCR.

Differences between model years in the Giant range are often paint colour changes, rarely does anything major change.

Top Bottom