Giant Defy 1 Advanced

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Neil27

Hi guys,

Long time since I posted but still pedalling around Lincoln - managed to lose 1.5 stones since earlier in the year, mainly due to portion control and cutting down on the booze and of course loads of dog walking and occasional riding.
So as a treat for myself I decided to take advantage of the local Giant offers at my local store at Doddington.

I missed the Defy 0/1 bikes literally by a few weeks but saw this beauty in the corner, a little bit more than I originally budgeted for but hey, we only live once ...... ^_^

Tried it on for size, Large seemed to fit very well - 6'1" and 32 - 33 inside leg.

Loved the colour, I love blue - current bike is blue as is my helmet and some clothing, sorry guys I like to be colour co-ordinated ... I blame my OCD ..... :rolleyes:

Anyway just thought I'de share and can heartily recommend the guys at Doddington, no pressure sales, very knowledgable and a great cake and coffee shop thrown in as well.

Thanks for reading,

Cheers, Neil.

Attachments

• IMG_3272.JPG
    IMG_3272.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 70
Droll and slava.... I like that. Can you buy me one please?

Congratulations on the new purchase, I bet you are looking forward to getting it home and riding it.

OP
OP
Neil27

Neil27

Hi Chris,
Lol - if only I could mate - I don't actually pick it up until October / November due to being out of the country and away with work, which gives me enough time to save up and pay it off the CC - :blush:
And yes really looking forward to riding it home and feeling what 'fully carbon' rides like!!
Cheers,
Neil.

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Nice. Great colour too but you'll soon get fed up with that white bar tape.

Ha ha make you right on the bar tape , my white on my Defy 2 lasted about 3-4 rides until it went a grey shade of white , replaced with black & much better

Nice bike btw

Troyhistory

I bought a Defy 3 in 2012, upgraded cogs and then last year converted it to a Cyclocross bike. Breaks, cogs and Chinese double wrap bar tape. It is a absolute dream to ride. I love my Bianchi road bike but my Giant is amasing. I am going to buy a third bike this year. Never carbon, and under £1200. Any suggestions?

vickster

Legendary Member
I bought a Defy 3 in 2012, upgraded cogs and then last year converted it to a Cyclocross bike. Breaks, cogs and Chinese double wrap bar tape. It is a absolute dream to ride. I love my Bianchi road bike but my Giant is amasing. I am going to buy a third bike this year. Never carbon, and under £1200. Any suggestions?
Genesis equilibrium in steel or a croix de fer if wanting CX style, disc brakes etc

Or if you can buy now, you could have a titanium sabbath from Spa for £1150!

bondirob

Hi guys,

Long time since I posted but still pedalling around Lincoln - managed to lose 1.5 stones since earlier in the year, mainly due to portion control and cutting down on the booze and of course loads of dog walking and occasional riding.
So as a treat for myself I decided to take advantage of the local Giant offers at my local store at Doddington.

I missed the Defy 0/1 bikes literally by a few weeks but saw this beauty in the corner, a little bit more than I originally budgeted for but hey, we only live once ...... ^_^

Tried it on for size, Large seemed to fit very well - 6'1" and 32 - 33 inside leg.

Loved the colour, I love blue - current bike is blue as is my helmet and some clothing, sorry guys I like to be colour co-ordinated ... I blame my OCD ..... :rolleyes:

Anyway just thought I'de share and can heartily recommend the guys at Doddington, no pressure sales, very knowledgable and a great cake and coffee shop thrown in as well.

Thanks for reading,

Cheers, Neil.

I'm a similar size to you I'd suggest a medium large which is 56cm for best fit

OP
OP
Neil27

Neil27

I'm a similar size to you I'd suggest a medium large which is 56cm for best fit

Appreciate what you are saying Rob, but for me the bike felt 'just right' after taking her a spin. I already have a 57cm trek and that has always felt a little cramped if I'm honest, plus my upper body and arms are long enough to cope with the extra size.

As the saying goes, different strokes for different folks!!!
Just looking forward to picking her up and riding it in anger ..... :bicycle:

stumpy66

Veteran
I'm the same height as you and have had my defy for 4 years in large and fits me perfectly.. I tried the m/l but it didn't feel right, unlike the large. Enjoy the new bike, looks the biz

Got a black, grey and red Ghost Nivolet Tour LC3 last week, light blue helmet, silver Sidi's, and dark blue mitts, rust coloured jersey (baggy MTB one) for my ride around Cheshire on Sunday....do I need help?? Everyone else looks so well coordinated, indeed, a really old guy on an Orbea overtook me and looked really cool...has anyone got Gok's mob no.?

bondirob

Appreciate what you are saying Rob, but for me the bike felt 'just right' after taking her a spin. I already have a 57cm trek and that has always felt a little cramped if I'm honest, plus my upper body and arms are long enough to cope with the extra size.

As the saying goes, different strokes for different folks!!!
Just looking forward to picking her up and riding it in anger ..... :bicycle:

As long as your happy with it and it's comfy for you that's the main thing:smile:

Top Bottom