Giant Defy 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

defy-one

Well i have stopped talking researching and dreaming about my road bike. Went to 700 in Windsor today, and Dave explained the differences berween the 1 & 2.
I have put down a deposit and await the c2w voucher. Hope to meet some of you on rides,sportives etc

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338996569.414233.jpg

Sent by iPhone using Tapatalk

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Ooh Shiny. But someone's nicked the pedals :biggrin:

OP
OP
defy-one

defy-one

They are being fitted for Friday and i also bought some cycling shoes with a 4 deg float cleat

busdennis

Veteran
hi defy-one

ive just taken delivery of my defy 1 today and only got chance to spinner it around our estate before todays tropical storm started. bike felt fantastic, really responsive until it came to braking when my hands where too small for the brake levers only operating them with finger tips (never had call to test the brake levers when i sat on the bike in the shop)

how did you find yours and can they be adjusted?

Drago

Legendary Member
Jumping in on an old thread... Fancied a Defy myself but no one in the UK, including the importer, had any model of Defy remaining in my size as they wind stocks back in readiness for the 2013 models. Gutted, cos I'm a big Giant fan and the Defy 1 is the Trance X of the road World.

busdennis

Veteran
i spent weeks finding mine and started a thread on that very subject, got mine from fulford cycles. york

OP
OP
defy-one

defy-one

I found the brake levers just right so no need to adjust them. She really does glide and loving a white bike over boring black!
I was darn lucky with my lbs. He had a medium and a M/L of the Defy 1 and 2 when i went in. Tried them both and settled on the M/L
The wife questioned (as wives do) as to why i needed another bike for a commuter. Took many days to explain this baby would be stolen in 5 mins if left at a station!

OP
OP
defy-one

defy-one

I know what you mean. My Missus has this old fashioned idea that 6 bikes is five too many.

What do women know? :hides-quick!

Keith Oates

Janner
Well i have stopped talking researching and dreaming about my road bike. Went to 700 in Windsor today, and Dave explained the differences berween the 1 & 2.
I have put down a deposit and await the c2w voucher. Hope to meet some of you on rides,sportives etc

View attachment 9874

That's a nice looking bike and I'm sure there are many happy miles ahead when you ride that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boybiker

Guru
I found the brake levers just right so no need to adjust them. She really does glide and loving a white bike over boring black!
I was darn lucky with my lbs. He had a medium and a M/L of the Defy 1 and 2 when i went in. Tried them both and settled on the M/L
The wife questioned (as wives do) as to why i needed another bike for a commuter. Took many days to explain this baby would be stolen in 5 mins if left at a station!

I had the same thing . I was very lucky to get a Defy 1 as I know others have had problems! +1 for my LBS!

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Yeah, took the kids swimming today, cycle parkings away from the main door (great planning there - sheffield stands for 50 bikes, but tucked away) Only one bike there, which is one more than usual.
Nice new shiny Ribble, not so nice new lightweight cable lock

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
What was the major difference between the defy 1 & 2 that convinced you to spend the extra cash?

vickster

Legendary Member
I think the main difference is the 105 groupset versus Tiagra on the 2. And the Defy looks nicer in white and blue than the red and black of the 2 in my opinion, otherwise the frame is the same. Also, the 1 doesn't have holes for a proper rack, the 2 does. Maybe the 1 has better wheels, a guess though!

Top Bottom