Giant Defy 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
defy-one

defy-one

The main differences are mostly 105 group set and external BB. the reviews were also singing the Defy 1 praises and I rode both before buying. Havn't regretted my decision. Great bike IMO.

boybiker

Guru
The main differences are mostly 105 group set and external BB. the reviews were also singing the Defy 1 praises and I rode both before buying. Havn't regretted my decision. Great bike IMO.

I think the Defy 1 has a carbon fibre seat post too but I dont think the Defy 2 does?

I dont regret buying mine one bit I have been very happy with it! :bicycle:

OP
OP
defy-one

defy-one

Yes your right about the carbon seatpost :-)

At the inlaws without a bike :eek:
Please wifey .... Can we go home????

triangles

Über Member
Jumping in on an old thread... Fancied a Defy myself but no one in the UK, including the importer, had any model of Defy remaining in my size as they wind stocks back in readiness for the 2013 models. Gutted, cos I'm a big Giant fan and the Defy 1 is the Trance X of the road World.

Have you tried www.dalescycles.com ?

Also, the 1 doesn't have holes for a proper rack, the 2 does.

Can someone confirm that this is the case? I've seen some of defy-one's post regarding riding with panniers - is that on a different bike?

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
When Giant replaced my cracked SCR2 frame under warranty with a red & white Defy frame, I was told that the same frame is used for all of the alu-frame Defy range - it's the components that differentiate between the models. My new frame has holes for a rack on it (not that I would use them though).

triangles

Über Member
That's good to hear, I should have one on the way to me right now and while I have no immediate plans to defile it with a rack (:laugh:) I would like to have the option there if I ever go on a short tour in the future.

vickster

Legendary Member
There are very few Defy 1s left now the 2013 models are coming in. I would check for rack lugs...I am sure I was told it didn't have them, unlike the 2-5 models? 2012 frame is white and blue (not red)

OP
OP
defy-one

defy-one

He has a Triban 3 for commuting :smile: I don't think his Defy has been defiled by a rack :laugh:

Vickster is right - defy 1 is my best bike for long rides,fitness etc.
Recently bought the Triban for commuting as the bike bug has really bitten. This bike has rack & panniers.

Top Bottom