Giant Defy 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davos87

Guru
Hello and excuse my ignorance but does anyone know if there's a nut/screw/bolt under the hoods that you can turn to adjust the brake levers/shifters closer to the bars? I know on some systems there is but not mine.
It's a Giant Defy 1 2014.
Thanks in anticipation of any replies.

You want to adjust the reach of the brakes. If your levers are Shimano, there's a rubber shim available (in the box with new levers) that does the job. It requires re-adjustment of the cable tension but that's relatively easy. If you didn't receive those shims when you bought the bike and if you have Shimano, go to your bike shop. They have zillions of them lying in a box somewhere. They are free.

OP
OP
Davos87

Davos87

Guru
Shifters and brake levers Shimano 105s. Thanks for the replies. Will have a look or pop down. Ike shop. Think I've watched a park tool video where he turned a screw/bolt on some and you could see the levers & shifters moving closer to the bars for easier reach.

lpretro1

If its the 5800 11spd 105 then you pull back the hood at the front and there is a recessed slot in the top of the housing and you can use a 2mm allen key to adjust the brake reach - you may then have to adjust at the pad end to compensate. Easy peasy

Top Bottom