Giant Defy 2.5 - opinions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulq

Bike Rider, Beer Drinker, Biscuit Eater.
Been doing a lot of riding on my hybrid recently to shed a few pounds and now feel (just about) fit enough to get back on a road bike. Whilst I looked with envy at some of the carbon jobbies in my LBS today I neither feel like I will ever do one justice or that I should pay the amounts asked as I will never be into competitive cycling.

So I looked at a compromise in the Giant Dfey 2.5 at around £675.00 and wondered if they were decent bikes or anyone got any personal experience of one?

Failing that any alternatives worth considerig at that price?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

Johnny5

I've got the Giant Defy 4 and it's an amazing bike for the price, I love it. It handles well, pretty comfy and can hold it's own when pushed. the bike is ideal for someones first racer bike who wants to use it for a bit of everything from commuting, training, sportives and racing.

The difference with the Defy 4, 3...up to 1 is the upgraded bits on the bike. The frame/forks on all the defys are the same.

Since buying my defy 4 a couple of month, I've upgrade the saddle to a 190g carbon one, look Keo classic peddles and a pair of mavic askiums wheels with a pair of Michelin pro3 tires.....the bike feels amazing now.

Top Bottom