Giant Defy 2 advanced

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sully

Über Member
Hi I've been offered one of these with the 105 groupset can someone in the know tell me if this is a reasonable bike, keeping fit, the odd sportive ?
any help and advice is greatly appreciated
Craig

vickster

Legendary Member

OP
OP
Sully

Sully

Über Member
Thanks Vickster, not a lot on that thread to be honest, anyone for any more ? this bike is like new and is a good price...I think ...don't want to miss out on it if its a bargain
?

AndyJ14

Hi Sully. The Giant Defy bikes as a whole are well respected from the material I've read. I did a fair amount of research on the lower part of the range and reviews / comments were very positive. As long as though you are getting a good value deal then I'm sure the bike itself is excellent.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you ridden it? Does it work for you? That's the most important thing, it'll be a good bike with a reliable groupset

@mwktar may have more info now

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I'd say its a cracking bike . I have a defy 5 and a TCR advanced 1 . If Giant did a Trinity in my size i would have one of those also .

OP
OP
Sully

Sully

Über Member
Hi Sully. The Giant Defy bikes as a whole are well respected from the material I've read. I did a fair amount of research on the lower part of the range and reviews / comments were very positive. As long as though you are getting a good value deal then I'm sure the bike itself is excellent.
Hi mate, thanks for your advice mate, apparently it was £1,400 and I'm looking at paying £800 for it, only a few Months old

OP
OP
Sully

Sully

Über Member
Have you ridden it? Does it work for you? That's the most important thing, it'll be a good bike with a reliable groupset

@mwktar may have more info now
I haven't yet but I have a ally framed Defy with the steel forks, Im hoping the geometry isnt millions of miles different

AndyJ14

Same price as a Defy 1 now at Giant or a Defy 0 from other 3rd parties. Remember the sales are on :okay:

mwktar

Über Member
£800! Take his hand off mate. Give it a test ride if you can.

Had mine about 10 days and clocked up a comfy 150 miles already.

Solid bike. Went from a sora to the 105 and the shifting is smooth as butter.

Any specific question just ask dude.

OP
OP
Sully

Sully

Über Member
£800! Take his hand off mate. Give it a test ride if you can.

Had mine about 10 days and clocked up a comfy 150 miles already.

Solid bike. Went from a sora to the 105 and the shifting is smooth as butter.

Any specific question just ask dude.
really appreciate that mwktar, it looks mint and has had it since February but hardly used it due to injury

mwktar

Über Member
At first I was a bit unsure, make sure the size is right for you - I'm 6ft3 and needed only a large, whereas I thought I'd need an xl

Like I say though - feel free to ask anything :smile:

OP
OP
Sully

Sully

Über Member
well I'm 5'10 and this is a large, think its classed as a 55.5 sound about right ?
my cheapo Defy is a 54 and I recon It could have been a little bigger, that's my thinking anyway

Milkfloat

An Peanut
well I'm 5'10 and this is a large, think its classed as a 55.5 sound about right ?

Yes 55.5 is a L. At 5'10 I would have guessed you were a M or M/L at a push.

edit: I found the random size chart.

defy2.png

Top Bottom