Giant defy advanced 1 vs 2 also Giant liv avail 1 vs Cannondale Synapse AL 105 Fem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cupra

What are peoples opinions on this bike?
I had been waiting to get the advanced 2 for a while but the lack of stock in my size at my lbs made me order the above.

Also Im going to the lbs with my other half tomorrow to pick one of the other 2 bikes but unsure what to get

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
All of them.

vickster

Legendary Member
The one that fits you best and made you smile on a test ride :smile:

Does the Defy fit you ok if the Avail does as the geometry is different. Will you need to spend extra on changing stems and bars and saddles if you get the Defy? The advanced is carbon, will you be happy with alu if you wanted the carbon? Do you need proper mudguards for commuting, easier on an alu bike, ditto a rack

What's the difference between the 1 & 2? Isn't the 1 a higher spec so why unwilling? (other than extra cost)

Although it looks like you decided so enjoy the bike http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/bored-of-wairting-for-giant-defy-advanced-2.172475/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cupra

Cupra

Does the Defy fit you ok if the Avail does as the geometry is different. Will you need to spend extra on changing stems and bars and saddles if you get the Defy? The advanced is carbon, will you be happy with alu if you wanted the carbon? Do you need proper mudguards for commuting, easier on an alu bike, ditto a rack

What's the difference between the 1 & 2? Isn't the 1 a higher spec so why unwilling? (other than extra cost)

Although it looks like you decided so enjoy the bike http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/bored-of-wairting-for-giant-defy-advanced-2.172475/

Higher spec
The women's bike was more my worry both fit pretty much the same for her

The reason I held out the most to be honest was the 2 looked better imo

Cyclist33

i think he wants the defy question answered for himself, and the liv/dale one answered for his missus!

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Best to let her ladyship choose I reckon.

Advise her on spec or whatever (but only if she needs it) especially if they are very closely matched in performance/comfort/fit etc.

Colour scheme is as good a reason as any when both are equal.

OP
OP
Cupra

Cupra

image.jpg
image.jpg
Yeah well she preferred the avail so she got that.
We're both happy and are out for a spin in the lanes tomorrow :smile:

Top Bottom