Giant Defy Advanced 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Evening all.

I've been riding my aluminium giant defy disc 1, 2016 model, for over a year now and love it.

I'm thinking I need another bike now to compliment this and my winter steed, the specialized Rockhopper.

I'm homing in on the 2017 Defy 1 advanced.

Any comments or experience of this bike on here?

Lee_M

Guru
My comment would be why buy another bike that is pretty much the same as one you already have?
you've got a defy, why not have something different?

I have a synapse, a domane, a single speed, and an mtb, so when i wanted a new bike decided to go a bit different and a bit more extreme and got a propel.

OP
OP
mikeloveshisrockhopper

mikeloveshisrockhopper

I feel a propel isn't for me. I like long rides with lots of climbing and I believe the propel is more about flat speed, with the narrower cassette.

Lee_M

Guru
I feel a propel isn't for me. I like long rides with lots of climbing and I believe the propel is more about flat speed, with the narrower cassette.

I wasn't necessarily suggesting a propel, just not buying basically the same bike as you already have

As it happens I find the propel more comfortable than the domane, and have taken the propel up Horseshoe pass, worlds end, etc around north wales and did a 200km ride on it last week, so its all possible, but each to their own (and you can always change a cassette)

Heigue'r

Veteran
Ive just taken delivery of a tcr...had a defy 1 previously,a slightly mor agressive bike,well thats what its billed as but I find it extremely comfortable at the moment anyway.Its not massively different from the defy in my eyes.I could set it up more agressive if needed.

Top Bottom