Giant Escape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Giant Escape rolls on Schwalbe Road Plus 32mm. I cycle commute to work and cycle for the love of it at the weekends. .
For the past 18 months in all weathers my mileage from 60 to 100 miles per week. On a good day I can cruise along at 18mph till I run out of puff.
These tyres have never failed me (
7ff70698bc10ec11.gif
). To be honest if your looking to go faster I would say you would be better to consider this beauty which is on my Christmas list.
2015_Giant_Fast_Road_SLR.jpg

MikeW-71

Veteran
I have a Revolt, which is a similar idea, that came with 35mm tyres with knobbly edges. I changed them for 28mm Conti 4 seasons slicks. There was far less difference than I expected TBH, except in cornering which is smoother and with more grip.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
My Escape came with 32 mm tyres as standard. Are you sure yours are 34 mm?
I have tried a set of Giant wheels off a Defy, running 25 mm tyres, on the Escape. Whilst the (marginal) lower rolling resistance made a very slight difference to average speeds, the ride comfort was better on the 32 mm tyres. I now run the standard tyres all the time.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
My Giant Escape rolls on Schwalbe Road Plus 32mm. I cycle commute to work and cycle for the love of it at the weekends. .
For the past 18 months in all weathers my mileage from 60 to 100 miles per week. On a good day I can cruise along at 18mph till I run out of puff.
7ff70698bc10ec11.gif
). To be honest if your looking to go faster I would say you would be better to consider this beauty which is on my Christmas list.

That's really nice - and with a handy triple too.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
7ff70698bc10ec11.gif
What is it? I'm contemplating a next bike .. Though considering I knocked my Escape over twice today and scratched the forks I don't think I deserve one!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Thanks ... Had a quick peek at the specs but I can't tell if it would take mudguards and a rack? I couldn't commute without either, otherwise it looks good though I might want hydraulic brakes instead after having them these past years.

Top Bottom