Giant FCR 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
considered the ocrs anyway, a very talkative and helpful bike shop chap said the mounts for the racks aren't proper, all sort of arseing about to fit one

looking at some sort of audax bike now, those Dawes audax sports are a bit bloody few and far between, the odd one in small sizes is all I've found lately, an awful lot of supposed Dawes dealers don't have any in stock

The 2008 Audax Sport looks good value - not sure I can justify the Supreme.

I had a long phone chat yesterday with a Dawes dealer - none in stock but he would spend an hour or more with me trying various bikes in the shop, measuring me, checking my current bike etc. Then prepared to swap double for a triple, cassette raitios, stem etc all with no price change. This was a small lbs so I will be paying them a visit to see if I like them. I had been looking at a Ridgeback Horizon but he didn't have those either.

Couldn't even track down a Ridgeback at Evans to sit/feel. I hate online shopping for something I've never actually seen.

Tynan

Veteran
I'm off to condor cycles now, their two cheapest bikes are audax based and take guards and racks and both seem to be superbly and uniformly reviewed

almost the same design I'm told but on is alu and one steel, Agi and Fratello

and they do a proper fit for free, bike then built to suit your fit

sounds superb to me, £799 with any price difff upgrade you want

oo and a test ride is no problem whatsoever

Top Bottom