Giant Flourish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Markymark

Picked it up at the weekend and she loves it. She went for a 3 miles ride without our eldest (5yo) they both came back very happy.

It's pretty damn heavy (can't get it easily onto the wall hooks) but still a LOT lighter than some of the other sit-up-and-beg bikes. She opted for the hubgears (7 speed) and I have to say, for how she wants to ride, it's perfect.

megmeg

Hi. I've had my Flourish 1 since May now having placed the order 6 months before to get the 'Small' frame. I have to say I love my bike and it's certainly a beautiful bike but it hasn't been without faults.
I've had problems with the quality of the break pads it came with, as they had metal in them and started scrapping on the rim! Giant replaced the pads of course but I had to go back twice.

Also after a very short while the springs under the saddle have started squeaking (I weight around 56 kg so no extra strain on it). The gears are still not 100% adjusted even though a qualified Giant technician serviced it and readjusted them they still make clicking noises on gear 4 and 5 (the main gears one uses in town).

My bike gets very light use (around 3 miles a day to work and back ) and it's already feeling a bit worn own and I never leave it outdoors!

Having said all of this, it's still a nice bike and many people look at it and say how pretty it looks.

Oh forgot to say the basket has also changed shape a lot since it fell off the stand while I was talking to my friend.. just one small hit that's all it took.

Maybe this model has some teething problems that's all I can say.

Top Bottom