Giant (in Turkey) official service disgrace

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
H

Heat

Check what your customer rights are, however, the best approach would be to return it straight away, otherwise they may blame the problems on your attempt to fix it and refuse to honour any warranty.

Yes, this is why I am trying to collect more information about tech specs, but I get scammed by their official dealer and they are delayed my guarantee period purposely, So I will get into contact with the main dealer and want a full refund if I can not get any results with this because of the delaying,
An expert report for the Consumer arbitration committee can solve it.
Either way, there is no possible way to extend out the frame bars by pulling, one of them is longer than the other.
And it is the main cause of the issue.

I will update you about the status soon.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Why would the dealer deliberately delay? Giant pay the dealer to do warranty work, so there is no incentive for them to fanny you about.

OP
OP
H

Heat

Why would the dealer deliberately delay? Giant pay the dealer to do warranty work, so there is no incentive for them to fanny you about.

Did you read this part that is already written in the first message?

After I diagnose the issue with the rear hub, without service support, I send details to the Giant and I get contacted with the company officials for rear hub replacement under the warranty coverage.

But unfortunately, Giant officials claimed they do not have a factory rear hub in their stock right now, so they offered a rear hub MSRP price for the warranty coverage, so I can pick a rear hub that I want for installation by the official service in the area that I living,

Of course Without any payment.

Either way, I thought my problem gonna be solved so I took the deal.
But the real problems started after this point.

So I get into contact with the official Local service of the Giant in the area that I living and explain the whole situation to them.
And told them about the coverage which is gonna be paid by the Main dealer to them, which is an equal amount of payment with my current factory hub, because they don't have any in their stock.

So guys at the service get to the point and made a couple of phone calls to the main office and they check the whole story and after the crosscheck,
They offered "Shimano 505" rear hub instead of the original part to me,
Which is a very basic and low-end hub at the 4/1 price of the factory HUB also doubled up the price of the Shimano 505 to inflate the price, then they added another additional workmanship costs for the assembly procedure which is already had been covered by GIANT main office.

I immediately recognized that they were trying to inflate the price and make a profit from warranty support payment, But didn't want to be too familiar with them so moved on to the next step and I hoped maybe they will understand the nature of the conversation and the customer soon but they didn't.

So after Shimano 505 offer, I asked for Shimano Deore XT for the replacement but it was a bit expensive than the factory hub then I offered to cover the price difference by myself upon the warranty payment coverage.

"But the answer that I got was; nowhere had that hub in the stock so we can not order."
I know there was because I had to research about it before deciding what hub should I install for the replacement, so I know that was another lie.
So I send the weblinks which have the parts that I want in their stock against this with more than a couple of stores.
And forced them to order the hub that I need.
And they had to order the new hubs.

But this time, he brings another trick on the table and he said my current rim wires probably will not fit in the new hubs that I ordered,
so they will gonna change them, and it will gonna cost extra to me, so again he was still pushing his luck to force another way for inflating the service prices.

Then in reply to this, I send the information about the new hubs and highlight to him about 61 mm Flange diameter of the new Deore's hubs with the official Shimano Schematics, Which is almost the same as my Giant factory hub, but this time he didn't like this answer.

After the tricky dialogs, I didn't trust the guy anymore, not a bit, because it is very clear to see he will gonna have nightmares while sleeping at night if he couldn't find a way to screw me over from somewhere...

So I get contacted with the main dealer again and ask about is there was any other official service option in the area that I living, but they said they are the only ones around.

They do not want to deal with the returning process, filing reports, etc, their motivation was taking the money for the accessories and for the service costs asap, they didn't think that I will figure out what is wrong with the bike, Please read the whole message, I already explain the reasons more than once. It is possible to expand the answer to your questions in a much more detailed way, but then the topic will shift from technical service to sociology area which is can not be the subject in the bicycle forums.

And your questions also cause more questions such as, are they worked together from the ground up for getting rid of the defective bike which already been returned to them before?
But at the moment I have no exact proof about it, at least not yet.

You can also ask these ones,

Why The Giant Main dealer accepted to change my defective rear hub which I discovered by myself, while their official service didn't do anything about it and did not inform me about it at all. Can they have a bit of an idea about how things work in this area?

Also If I had a purpose such as returning the bike and get a full refund from the ground up, Why should I change both hubs that costs
6/1 of the brand new bike?

isn't that hard, is it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Heat

tl;dr Are you really seeking advice @Heat ? I hope typing your comments has a therapeutic effect.
Thank you @Moderators for decapitalising the title: was deafening.

Wow, that sounds like a GIANT business partner...

That's for sure they do not have a therapeutic effect on some people.
What I want was already written. TL? DR, then don't comment without reading. (too long, doesn't read)
And do not prevent people who will read.
If you do not have anything to say, and you don't read, please do not distort and provoke the main theme for your personal reasons.
I just wrote what exactly happened.
And you are trying to discredit me without reading any of it.
Brilliant.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Not in the cycling trade, although one of the family's mountain bikes is a Giant (£25 from the tip) and another is my daughter's pub bike. Both are last century!
You have had a bad experience. If you want to share your experience: crack on, but recognise that the detail is wearing.
I'm preventing zero CycleChatters from reading, providing they have the endurance.
As far as 'not having anything to say', I'd observe that this is 'CycleChat': having nothing useful to say is, mercifully, not a brake on comments on threads various.
I shall not repeat the good advice you've already got upthread. Have you heeded it?
I do hope sharing your woes help you cope: a problem shared is a problem halved, they say, though I'm not sure this is so true when shared online.
"Distort the main theme" :whistle::laugh:
Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

classic33

Leg End Member
Wow, that sounds like a GIANT business partner...

That's for sure they do not have a therapeutic effect on some people.
What I want was already written. TL? DR, then don't comment without reading. (too long, doesn't read)
And do not prevent people who will read.
If you do not have anything to say, please do not distort the main theme for your personal reasons.
Why not stick to a single coloured font in your replies.
There's a few people trying to help you, and you have a go at them for doing so. A piece of advice given earlier, by way of a question, was rejected by you.
You may have given Giant the easy option when it comes to dealing with this. How, by trying to correct what you say were faults with their product before getting the shop where you purchased it the chance to correct the "faults". They can now turn round, and say that the faults were caused by you. Here, in the UK if you were to return a product, with the amount of work you've done on it, they'd laugh you out of the shop. There's good advice been given, why not listen?

OP
OP
H

Heat

Why not stick to a single coloured font in your replies.
There's a few people trying to help you, and you have a go at them for doing so. A piece of advice given earlier, by way of a question, was rejected by you.
You may have given Giant the easy option when it comes to dealing with this. How, by trying to correct what you say were faults with their product before getting the shop where you purchased it the chance to correct the "faults". They can now turn round, and say that the faults were caused by you. Here, in the UK if you were to return a product, with the amount of work you've done on it, they'd laugh you out of the shop. There's good advice been given, why not listen?

Which part did u figure out that I didn't get the advice?
Do you really think that I will gonna return the bike by using their service again?
Or without taking everything in-camera with their measurements and objective expert report?
Do you have any idea how tricky can be things in here :smile:
Not in the cycling trade, although one of the family's mountain bikes is a Giant (£25 from the tip) and another is my daughter's pub bike. Both are last century!
You have had a bad experience. If you want to share your experience: crack on, but recognise that the detail is wearing.
I'm preventing zero CycleChatters from reading, providing they have the endurance.
As far as 'not having anything to say', I'd observe that this is 'CycleChat': having nothing useful to say is, mercifully, not a brake on comments on threads various.
I shall not repeat the good advice you've already got upthread. Have you heeded it?
I do hope sharing your woes help you cope: a problem shared is a problem halved, they say, though I'm not sure this is so true when shared online.
"Distort the main theme" :whistle::laugh:
Good luck.

Thank you for your comments and opinions excellency.

classic33

Leg End Member
Which part did u figure out that I didn't get the advice?
Do you really think that I will gonna return the bike by using their service again?
Or without taking everything in-camera with their measurements and objective expert report?
Do you have any idea how tricky can be things in here :smile:

Thank you for your comments and opinions excellency.
Right from the minute you opened the box, which was in your own words damaged. Then proceeding to assemble the contents.

Things will be just as hard/tricky over there as they are over here.

OP
OP
H

Heat

Right from the minute you opened the box, which was in your own words damaged. Then proceeding to assemble the contents.

Things will be just as hard/tricky over there as they are over here.

" Thank you for your comments and opinions excellency. " that was not for you btw.

They already know, the box was defective. I accepted it for not giving any hard time to them, so Even it had a defective box, they already changed the hub from warranty( at least they paid)
And now the bent issue becomes clear after the hub change, That I will talk to them about it, it is their service and their responsibility,
what is the purpose of the official service then? right now I am trying to solve the issue like a human being and without it is going ugly.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
" Thank you for your comments and opinions excellency. " that was not for you btw.

They already know, the box was defective. I accepted it for not giving any hard time to them, so Even it had a defective box, they already changed the hub from warranty( at least they paid)
And now the bent issue becomes clear after the hub change, I will talk to them about it, it is their service and their responsibility,
what is the purpose of the official service then?
I'll just say that you're not making it easy on yourself, and that, in my opinion, those doing the work/you want to do the work, are free to walk away and leave you with your problem.

From your posts, which you keep editing, it appears as though you want/expect better because it was damaged from the start.

You may have been promised parts, but someone has to fit them. Time is money, and it usually comes out of the pockets of those seeking free repair work.

OP
OP
H

Heat

I'll just say that you're not making it easy on yourself, and that, in my opinion, those doing the work/you want to do the work, are free to walk away and leave you with your problem.

From your posts, which you keep editing, it appears as though you want/expect better because it was damaged from the start.

You may have been promised parts, but someone has to fit them. Time is money, and it usually comes out of the pockets of those seeking free repair work.

Wow, read the thing. if you already
obviously, you didn't get any of it.

No one waits for free work or fixing.
This bike going to be refunded.
Btw I also offered twice for every workmanship costs, you are interpreting it without getting what is actually going on.

Alex321

Veteran
right now I am trying to solve the issue like a human being and without it is going ugly.

So why are you posting on here in the way you are, insulting everybody else who posts?

If you act similarly in real life to your posts on here, then I'm afraid I'm not surprised they wouldn't be any more helpful than they had to be.

Customer service shouldn't allow a customers' attitude to affect their service, but they are only human, and it will do.

OP
OP
H

Heat

So why are you posting on here in the way you are, insulting everybody else who posts?

If you act similarly in real life to your posts on here, then I'm afraid I'm not surprised they wouldn't be any more helpful than they had to be.

Customer service shouldn't allow a customers' attitude to affect their service, but they are only human, and it will do.

So there are people commenting without reading and accusing me with the meaning way such as I am the scammer, penny pincher, or a bit mentally ill and some of those also said they didn't even read it before they commented and when I told them to read the whole before comment I became the one who insults?

And now my attitude becomes an issue even if you do not have any info about it...

Because the problem can't be in the GIANT and their legendary customer service Can be?
What a great company is that. Right now I felt so bad about myself what a bad person I am...

"Some of You" guys are funny, trying to create a detortion echo chamber for discrediting the topic and the customer, those that reminds me of the Goebbels tactics but with very cheap execution. keep doing that the people who read actually will recognize what is happening here.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom