Giant (in Turkey) official service disgrace

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
H

Heat

I see people trying to help you but aren't being listened to.

Nope, I only get 2 pieces of advice and started the procedure about them already.
The rest of it is about what they understand, not what I explained.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just return the bike for a refund - simple.

That's your consumer rights. You aren't happy with it, return it. I'm assuming you bought mail order rather than from a bike shop ? I assume consumer rights in Turkey are similar to the rest of Europe.

I must say, having been to Turkey, I never realised Bianchi actually sold cheap bikes (BSO's we call them in the UK). I only thought they sold quality - not so, Bianchi's every where.

OP
OP
H

Heat

Just return the bike for a refund - simple.

That's your consumer rights. You aren't happy with it, return it. I'm assuming you bought mail order rather than from a bike shop ? I assume consumer rights in Turkey are similar to the rest of Europe.

I must say, having been to Turkey, I never realised Bianchi actually sold cheap bikes (BSO's we call them in the UK). I only thought they sold quality - not so, Bianchi's every where.

Yes this is what I am actually doing right now
And thanked for the guidelines already.
But some irrelevant comments clouded the real issue so I had to answer those.

And yes, some low-end or bad QC products send by the manufacturers to Turkey from time to time,
Bianchi, Giant you name it and this one is one of them.

Last edited:
I seen this kind of damage on bikes packed in boxes on flights. Probably laid down and other things laid on top. Hence the bending of some parts. If carbon frame it would have snapped. As it is alloy you only realise it when you ride.

Yes, best to deal with main dealer that you ordered from . If you have issues email Giant in Taiwan. They are a reputable company and a major player. They have good reputation. Local dealers despite the website branding are a local private entry.

The attempt to rip you off over the hub made it even worse.

Not many of us are aware the "Returns Policy" practically does not exist in most countries. So the dealers do every trick not to take it back.

Good luck.

OP
OP
H

Heat

I seen this kind of damage on bikes packed in boxes on flights. Probably laid down and other things laid on top. Hence the bending of some parts. If carbon frame it would have snapped. As it is alloy you only realise it when you ride.

-Yes that is also another possibility but also one of the frame bars is longer than the other, but the bent shape of the other parts also caused from the shipping.

Yes, best to deal with main dealer that you ordered from . If you have issues email Giant in Taiwan. They are a reputable company and a major player. They have good reputation. Local dealers despite the website branding are a local private entry.

-If I get issues with the main dealer then I will forward everything to Giant Taiwan and Also the USA, thanks for the tip.

The attempt to rip you off over the hub made it even worse.

-Believe me, I tried to explain what experience that I had with the official service as nicest as possible...

Not many of us are aware the "Returns Policy" practically does not exist in most countries. So the dealers do every trick not to take it back.

Good luck.

That is the exact reason why I explained everything in detail and trying to get an opinion about the situation.

Thanks, A lot Again!.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
@Heat, Questions
1) Who hasn't read everything?
2) Who has said you are mentally ill?
3) What is it you are not saying?
I have the OP on 'ignore' (first time I've done that!)
But for the thread: I have read 'everything' (even if I said tl:dr) until I received giant yet gentle abuse); I hoped typing all this would have a beneficial therapeutic effect, and still do - I am not qualified to judge the OP's metal capacity (no magnet).

OP
OP
H

Heat

no need to extend this
If you read already why did you post like you didn't
the contradiction already exists in itself.
Anyways.

I will keep the post updated about the results. Thanks again.

OP
OP
H

Heat

Since the last week, I forwarded my mail to the GIANT main dealer and hint them about it with the phone, still waiting for a reply.
I Will post to the topic soon.

Top Bottom