Giant Lafree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Still looking for a cheap bike for the wife to see if I can get her back into cycling, see a Giant Lafree for sale £200 what's the gotcha's I need to look out for, only thing I can find is a glowing review on pedelecs saying they are the best thing since sliced bread, but no longer made.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
For that price it does sound suspiciously cheap but that could be because it needs a new battery which could cost you more than the asking price. Even so could be still worthwhile.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Still looking for a cheap bike for the wife to see if I can get her back into cycling, see a Giant Lafree for sale £200 what's the gotcha's I need to look out for, only thing I can find is a glowing review on pedelecs saying they are the best thing since sliced bread, but no longer made.

One of the first crank drive ebikes with a Panasonic motor that is famously reliable.

It runs 24 volts, so may not feel very perky compared to modern 36 volt motors, but assuming Mrs P is not massively overweight it should do the job.

A tired battery is a concern on any second hand ebike.

Spare packs are still available, even if the price might bring a tear to your eye.

Top Bottom