Giant spiders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Morrisette

Morrisette

It could have been one of them......the legs are right (hairy, long) but it was a different colour. I have a (very bad) picture of it on my phone, if I can work out how to get the pics off the phone I can post it...

*uuughhh* I really don't like 'em. Don't know why they have to come in the house (come to think of it I don't know HOW that one came in - it would have to knock on the door)

wafflycat

No.. no.. really, spiders are *good* to have in the house. Seriously. They eat the stuff you don't want hanging around in the house.

I was awoken at 3 am this morning by something that scuttled across my nose and upper lip. By it's weight and movement I'd guess it was a spider, but there was no sign once I'd managed to get the light on.

I then spent a lengthy time pondering on the thought that, apparently, we all consume a number of spiders in our lifetime whilst asleep.:angry:

Waffles - may your lady lumps descend to your knees. I want written notice of pictures like that!

And thanks Alan Frame. That's me awake 24/7 for the rest of the week...:angry:

Baggy deals with 8 legged invaders in our house. Thankfully (embraces whole tree) we don't get the really horrible cardinals in our house. I have been known to shriek like a girl and teleport when one of they scuttles into view...:biggrin:

jpembroke

Common house spiders can grow to quite a size and look terrifying but are completely harmless to humans (not so harmless to things you don't want in your house though so think of them as free pest control).

Globalti

Legendary Member
As others have written spiders are good, they eat all the nasty stuff the cat brings in. Our old Land Rover is fitted with several optional LRSs (Land Rover Spiders) Part number: ECR 9546. These live around the windscreen where they spin webs to catch the gnats and other things, which fly in through all the gaps in the bodywork then bash their heads on the glass. The only bad thing about LRSs is their habit of abseiling off the sun visor onto your lap just a few minutes after you've set off on a drive, which is extremely distracting.

My wife was grateful when we retired the Landy from daily commuting and bought her a Citroen C1.

Willow

to tie two threads together nicely apparently putting conkers in the house drives the spiders away!:biggrin:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
OK the hairs on the back of my neck are officially tingling :angry:

I hate spiders... anyone who tries to tell you that they are good etc cannot be believed :biggrin: I am such a wuss when it comes to 8-legged-freaks!

Sittingduck said:
OK the hairs on the back of my neck are officially tingling :angry:

I hate spiders... anyone who tries to tell you that they are good etc cannot be believed :biggrin: I am such a wuss when it comes to 8-legged-freaks!
People always tell me that 'they're more frightened of you'. Yeah, right. If that was true then the sp*der in question would be a) sitting on a big pile of sp*der poo and :rain: be dead.

barq

wafflycat said:
Mind you, they can be six inches across on a good year...

*scream* I think you and I have different definitions of "good". :smile:

That said I have slowly come to an arrangement with the spider that lives in my bedroom. It catches daddy long legs, which I hate even more, so as long as it stays in its corner...

Top Bottom