Giant TCR Advanced

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gmw492

Veteran
Hi, just asking any Giant owners about sizing on the TCR advanced, I am 5ft 8ins and 30' inside leg and it looks like I am on the S or M crossover size guide, my LBS has one on display but as I am not buying from them as its cheaper elsewhere, so don't want to waste their time, I just wanted a guide on size from someone who actually rides one, I know its more race position than the defy but I am not keen on the conduct disc brakes that has so opting for rim on the tcr, thanks .

Hi, just asking any Giant owners about sizing on the TCR advanced, I am 5ft 8ins and 30' inside leg and it looks like I am on the S or M crossover size guide, my LBS has one on display but as I am not buying from them as its cheaper elsewhere, so don't want to waste their time, I just wanted a guide on size from someone who actually rides one, I know its more race position than the defy but I am not keen on the conduct disc brakes that has so opting for rim on the tcr, thanks .
S will give you a more responsive ride, M will be a little bit more relaxed, I’m about 5’11, and the M is spot on for me.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Personally as a TCR owner i dont think you will notice the difference . Both will be anything but a relaxed ride :hyper:
The TCR is a compact frame anyway so if you can fit on a medium i would go for that rather than being at the extreme end of a small .

Heigue'r

Veteran
I'm 5 10 and a bit and ride an m frame,It makes it a slightly aggressive setup,saddle up,bars low but not too extreme.I think an M if you want a more relaxed position and an S if you want it slightly more aggressive....TCR's are quite long though so I would try and have a sit on one

OP
OP
gmw492

gmw492

Veteran
Think I will have to go the Giant store and sit on one, as they will have S and M in stock where as LBS have only one size

I have a TCR Pro advanced and I am 6’ 1” and ride a m/l frame which feels right for me, I would think a medium would suit you

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I'm 5`11" and a little bit and take 31" inside leg trousers. Giant M/L is the right size for me so I'd say you'd be OK on a M - maybe worth at least sitting on one in the store ?

Mike!

Guru
5ft 8 and the same inside leg, I ride the small but am at the top end of it's size i'd say. Find it very comfy. I did try the Medium but found the front end quite high. I guess it depends what you are used to. Also had a small defy if that helps.

Boon 51

Veteran
I have a TCR alloy 105 with a M frame and a TCR Pro 1 carbon with a M frame. To me the Pro 1 seems a tad smaller though I have not measured them exactly. But I had to get a smaller stem for both, I'm 5ft 9 inch in height.

mgs315

I’m 5’7” and a half with 29” inseam. I have a Small 2018 TCR Adv 1 Disc. Fits me fine, just be wary of toe overlap with the front wheel on the small.

Top Bottom