Giant Trinity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
The same model is for sale in my LBS . I got the wheels from it last year ( tubs ) but the bike is just a little bit to big for me :angry:
You will fly on that mate ! Great time to buy as you have all winter to find your position and train with it .
Yeah hopefully, been hitting the turbo nearly every night lately, trying to improve my endurance and overall fitness. Cant wait to get the PX wheels and give it a road test if the weathers good enough. One of our clubs best TT riders has been giving me some tips and help me set it up to suit me, feels ok but a bit more uncomfortable in the nether regions than the road bike, I suppose something with very racey geometry will take a bit of getting used to! I managed an hour last night with a 20 minute block @ 90% in position then a 5 min spin and another 10 minutes @ 90% in position, was a tough session (for me).
How much is the one at your LBS up for?

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I think hes dropped the price a few times £1500 i think . I don't really look when i go in as it doesn't fit me .

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Yeah hopefully, been hitting the turbo nearly every night lately, trying to improve my endurance and overall fitness. Cant wait to get the PX wheels and give it a road test if the weathers good enough. One of our clubs best TT riders has been giving me some tips and help me set it up to suit me, feels ok but a bit more uncomfortable in the nether regions than the road bike, I suppose something with very racey geometry will take a bit of getting used to! I managed an hour last night with a 20 minute block @ 90% in position then a 5 min spin and another 10 minutes @ 90% in position, was a tough session (for me).
How much is the one at your LBS up for?
just make sure the trinity as enough clearence at the rear for the wider profile of the planet x wheels.........i know some trinity's don'thave enough clearence for zipps, so just check first

Nice machine though

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
just make sure the trinity as enough clearence at the rear for the wider profile of the planet x wheels.........i know some trinity's don'thave enough clearence for zipps, so just check first

Nice machine though
Yeah you are correct, picked the brains of someone I know who has one and he said the same, he thought the PX wheels would fit, fingers crossed! If they don't they'll be back up for sale again :sad:. Zipp's too much dosh for my tastes anyhow. Going to swap my 53/39 from my road bike as the trinity has a compact -slowly getting it to my liking.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
If the wheels don't work i have some 40mm hand built carbons that i have on the shiv i'm using for dry winter days . They are supposed to be my race wheels but i then bought tubs .

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Here she is in race trim with new wheels and 53/39 swapped over from my road bike.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Citius

Looks fine as it is. De-stickering is a lot of work for a debatable aesthetic purpose - given that the decals on PX wheels are usually under a layer of clear coat.

Top Bottom