Giant Trinity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A.Z.KOETSIER

Yeah heard that about deep section fronts, I've always got my 30mm superstar clincher that I can put on the front for windy days, bugger to keep swapping pads though!

The PX wheels are really flat and narrow compared to the newer wider aero designs. So cross winds really hit them hard. I have a 28mm wide HED 6 (60mm deep) front with curved edges allowing wind to flow over it at greater yaw angles, it feels like a 20mm compared to my PX 82.

That being said on calmer days the PX did get me some great results, they climb quite well and are almost bomb proof.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Btw what's with the tyres? That's how they came - already fitted, are they any good?
You may want to check the tyres are glued on properly if they came like that . The one and only PX tub i have seen from new i managed to roll the tyre off the wheel with my thumb . Ok it wasn't inflated to max pressure but it was inflated , the thin bit of tub tape they had used was doing nothing .
Could have been a one off though and easy to check .

A.Z.KOETSIER

Yes I have heard that up to 75% of the clamping force is due to tyre pressure, and that some triathletes mount them with minimal tape/adhesive for rapid changes/repairs.

I would guess on MTB/CX adhesive is more important.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
You may want to check the tyres are glued on properly if they came like that . The one and only PX tub i have seen from new i managed to roll the tyre off the wheel with my thumb . Ok it wasn't inflated to max pressure but it was inflated , the thin bit of tub tape they had used was doing nothing .
Could have been a one off though and easy to check .
They seem well glued on to me, with bits of glue coming out onto the tyre almost "messy", did wonder if it was tape or glue? Also got a spare used tub with the wheelset which has a very sticky back to it.
They look like Corsa CXs - in which case, they're among the best...
Think they are Vitoria corsa sc ?

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Sounds good then . This one was in my LBS being built . They where laughing about it and said they would have to redo it . Just saying for your benefit , no other reason .

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Sounds good then . This one was in my LBS being built . They where laughing about it and said they would have to redo it . Just saying for your benefit , no other reason .
Cheers, I've no idea, having never used them before! I will check though!

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Yep stuck pretty well, just lots of gloopy sticky muck round the rim edge
image.jpeg

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Cant really see but they sound glued on . I assumed you bought them new from planet x but with those tubs glued on and a spare it doesn't sound like it . I should know better really eh :laugh:
Yep gumtree "bargain" (or not depending on how knackered they are)

Citius

Can you still see the file pattern on the rolling surface, and do the tubs hold 100psi+? If they've been repaired with sealant they will probably start to blow it out over about 70psi. If not, then they're fine...

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
How are you finding the new bike pal ?
Hiya, haven't been on the road with it yet, just been plodding away on the turbo! Job to tell really, but getting used to the position, managed my 20 minute speed test "in position" so can't be bad. The saddle puts a fair bit of pressure on the nether region and I wonder if an Adamo might be the way to go?
I've been really trying to keep the turbo training going with only one or two nights off per week to try and do the bike (and myself) justice. We've even set up a "turbo club" where every Thursday - 6 of us aspiring TTers meet up in a local hall for an hour with all our gear and do a session together for a paltry £7 (total) it's good for the craic and banter plus we learn a different session each week.
I'm determined to give it the beans next year.........
How you doin?

Top Bottom