Giant XTC 2 and Trek 2000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dumbrianlad

Taken from East Leeds between 24th and 27th November.

- The silver/blue Trek is 5 years old and has CrudCatcher m/guards, SLPD pedals and a Fizik saddle. We've been through a delightful 15,000 miles
together.- My new sparkling white Giant XTC2, the only non std bit is a vintage Ti Bontrager saddle.

- A wheeled DIY box with cycling shoes and tools in it.

When this kind of experience hits you it hurts like hell.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear this mate.

I have six bikes in my garage, four of which are mine and it worries me that if it ever gets broken into, I'd lose them all.

I've often thought about storing the less used ones elsewhere, but am skint for space

Sorry about the bikes mate. I know exactly how you feel, as I have had 5 stolen over the years.

Although I have better security these days, I still check the garage everyday when I get up and breathe a sigh of relief.

e-rider

crappy member
Sorry to hear this mate.

I have six bikes in my garage, four of which are mine and it worries me that if it ever gets broken into, I'd lose them all.

I've often thought about storing the less used ones elsewhere, but am skint for space

make sure you lock them all in the garage to something that doesn't move with individual decent locks - that should prevent them all going in one event.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
As an ex police officer I am a bit paranoid and as a Yorkshireman I am a bit tight with money.

When I built my shed I fastened a couple of metal shelf supports into the floor beams and then layed the floor around them so you cannot move the shelf supports and they can be used to fasten my bikes to. It was a really cheap way of making ground anchors.

I have a front and back door to my shed and there are 2 locks on each door.

Inside each door is personal attack alarm fastened to the frame and the door itself. Those little black box things with a lead on them. You can get them on e-bay for almost nothing. This is the best bit of kit you can use to protect your shed.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pull-Cord-Attack-Alarm-/230569356283?pt=UK_Safety_Alarms&hash=item35af012bfb

I also made some steel wires at work with shackles on the end. They are 2.5 m long and can only really be cut with bolf croppers. I thread these through all the bikes and padlock them. I would like to see someone try and get 4 bikes all locked up through the shed door-

I now live in Denmark countryside and you never hear of crime in my village but the place is always locked down tight.

I do not miss the UK....OK fish and chips and the pub, but thats all. You all have my sympathy.

Steve

Top Bottom