Gillot Frame Advice, Opinons Please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Is there something specific about wanting a Gillott? Not my area of expertise but that's about the going rate for a quality frame that doesn't need refinishing. Prices go mental for things which are deemed very desirable...

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'm getting a bit of deja vu here Carl. Didn't you post about a Gillott some time ago?
I think I might have told you at the time my mate had a A S Gillott fixie which I think he inherited from his older brother, lovely thing in blue. I always coveted it. They seem much sort after these days. Compared to other makers of the same vintage they are expensive but if you want one its seems this is the going price.
If you do go for it I'm sure you won't regret it, just make sure its Kosher.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@CarlP building from a frame up always works out more costly in the end
but must admit they do look nice frames
now is the time to buy as sales are hard to come by so some good bargains if you look about hard enough

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Is there something specific about wanting a Gillott? Not my area of expertise but that's about the going rate for a quality frame that doesn't need refinishing. Prices go mental for things which are deemed very desirable...

Yes, my uncle built me a bike when I as a teenager, but I had no idea at the time that he built it using a Gillot Frame until about four years ago. I sold it so I could get a deposit for a motorcycle when I was seventeen.

I'm getting a bit of deja vu here Carl. Didn't you post about a Gillott some time ago?
I think I might have told you at the time my mate had a A S Gillott fixie which I think he inherited from his older brother, lovely thing in blue. I always coveted it. They seem much sort after these days. Compared to other makers of the same vintage they are expensive but if you want one its seems this is the going price.
If you do go for it I'm sure you won't regret it, just make sure its Kosher.

Yes, good memory. Not sure if I know how to make sure it’s Kosher. I’ll do my research.

@CarlP building from a frame up always works out more costly in the end
but must admit they do look nice frames
now is the time to buy as sales are hard to come by so some good bargains if you look about hard enough

Interesting. I want to build from scratch though, I want to try and recreate the bike I had as near as I can remember.

Top Bottom