Girl down!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hebe

getting better all the time
Oh no! How are you doing today? Hope your son is ok too, that must have been quite hard for him, and well done to him for his calmness and presence of mind.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Thank you all for the good wishes. I’ve been in some pain so today we went to A&E. After an x-ray, it’s clear I have no broken bones and just some major muscle damage/bruising. They’ve given me some very strong drugs…I’m starting with the most gentle to see if that’s enough!

I’m going to skip the teacher training day tomorrow and hopefully will be well enough to go in on Tuesday when we have kids back in school!

Hebe

How are you doing, @Cathryn ?

Jameshow

Veteran
@Hebe Thank you for asking. I'm still very sore but I'm doing okay. Grateful for good painkillers and slightly nervous how I'll cycle 1000km in two months' time but not panicking for now. I find myself increasingly just very grateful it was no worse.

You'll be fine.

I did 385km the other weekend.

I found that cycling was the thing that improved quickest as it's not weight bearing.

I did rush it though 2 weeks post accident I did a hilly 4miles and it hurt, as did doing physical stuff at work. So rest up.

When you can walk without pain you'll find cycling even easier.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
@Hebe Thank you for asking. I'm still very sore but I'm doing okay. Grateful for good painkillers and slightly nervous how I'll cycle 1000km in two months' time but not panicking for now. I find myself increasingly just very grateful it was no worse.

Some encouragement: I was knocked off six weeks before doing the Marmotte, having suffered very similar injuries to you, plus concussion. Two weeks after the crash I was OK to cycle again and thought I had no chance of making the event, being exhausted after 30 minutes on the flat. But after that first ride I improved really quickly and the event went perfectly. You can do it!

And at risk of repeating myself, given the extensive pain, limits to your activities and time off work you will be entitled to considerable compensation if you pursue a claim.

Hebe

Thanks for the update. Do take it easy in these early days of recovery. Don’t worry about the 1000k ride quite yet, there’s still lots of time for healing.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Some encouragement: I was knocked off six weeks before doing the Marmotte, having suffered very similar injuries to you, plus concussion. Two weeks after the crash I was OK to cycle again and thought I had no chance of making the event, being exhausted after 30 minutes on the flat. But after that first ride I improved really quickly and the event went perfectly. You can do it!

And at risk of repeating myself, given the extensive pain, limits to your activities and time off work you will be entitled to considerable compensation if you pursue a claim.

Thank you so much for this! Really encouraging. We are going to claim on the lady’s insurance for physio etc at the least!

Top Bottom