Girl down!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
mate uses it on his online prescence , i really thought it was a welsh name till i googled ;)

Can’t be Welsh, it has vowels
Please - don't give the Welsh something else to complain about. At least you didn't swear.
Oeddech chi'n rhegi dim ond wedyn?
Or did you?

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Dammit it happened again and it hurt more this time! (I’m unbroken - as is the bike - but much sorer!)

I’d pulled over to put my back light on as the road we were on was very dappled and cars go fast. A car brushed me and down I went! Winded badly so couldn’t breathe at first which was scary! . I don’t think anything is broken but my ribs are really sore and I have this really sharp pain in my right hip which I can’t explain. The driver was lovely and got everything organized, my 13 year old son was calm and steady. The police came, the ambulance came and checked me over and now I’m home!

I’m very sore and slow but apart from a stabbing pain just above my bottom (!) I’m okay! Shaky and weepy but okay! Shall be sore tomorrow!

All uphill

Still rolling along
Dammit it happened again and it hurt more this time! (I’m unbroken - as is the bike - but much sorer!)

I’d pulled over to put my back light on as the road we were on was very dappled and cars go fast. A car brushed me and down I went! Winded badly so couldn’t breathe at first which was scary! . I don’t think anything is broken but my ribs are really sore and I have this really sharp pain in my right hip which I can’t explain. The driver was lovely and got everything organized, my 13 year old son was calm and steady. The police came, the ambulance came and checked me over and now I’m home!

I’m very sore and slow but apart from a stabbing pain just above my bottom (!) I’m okay! Shaky and weepy but okay! Shall be sore tomorrow!

Oh Cathryn, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Look after yourself and get your GP to look at the painful area.

Very best wishes.

Jameshow

Veteran
Sounds much like what I had when I fell, bruising to the hip socket physio said.
Dr said not broken as your walking on it, limping and sofa surfing tbh and you haven't been sick!

2 months later I'm pretty much back to normal - rest is important. I didn't rest enough and found it flaring up regularly.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Spory to hear this @Cathryn gws.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Sounds much like what I had when I fell, bruising to the hip socket physio said.
Dr said not broken as your walking on it, limping and sofa surfing tbh and you haven't been sick!

2 months later I'm pretty much back to normal - rest is important. I didn't rest enough and found it flaring up regularly.

Thanks, that’s helpful!

So sorry to read this.
I really hope it doesn't impact on your plans.
How fortunate that the driver reacted well (leaving aside the close pass) and not for the first time I'm very impressed with that son of yours.

Rest up, take it easy, get yourself checked out and maybe check in after a while with your son that everything is as it should be upstairs. And yourself too.

Best wishes

Top Bottom