Giro 2018 "contains spoilers"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
absolutely fantastic ride from yates with another stage win and another 41 seconds (if ive worked the bonus seconds out right)over dumpmoulin
2:11 over Dumoulin

Getting some bonus seconds after having to fight back on to group up the last climb was very impressive.

Very impressive , superb athlete and immense mental strength but at the same time the way he rides a race bores me to tears. Thanks goodness for Yates and his instinctive riding.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
?? He got stuffed again - next week , apart from the TT he will get dropped on nearly every stage. He has no chance of winning.

Pinot, Pozzovivo, Carapaz and Lopez had the opportunity to do some damage to him today but failed miserably. They will all lose time to him in the TT.

Yates is currently in a league of his own, but it only takes one bad day to change the whole complexion of the race. I really hope he doesn’t have a bad day though!

But mostly I’m just disappointed in Pinot.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's finely balanced but advantage Yates at the moment, even with the ITT.
Mitchelton Scott seem stronger than Sunweb which might help too.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Apart from Froome, there weren't any sequences of attack and counter-attack that make the best mountains. If Sky are responsible for animating a stage then you know the end-times are near. Maybe missing a Bertie or Nibbles?
The Cycling Podcast pointed out that Froome is now at a point in his career where few care if he finishes third or thirtieth in this race, so he is about as dangerous as a late-career Dirty Bertie in tactical terms. He may not hesitate to attack 40km from the finish if he thinks he can make it stick.

400bhp

Guru
The Cycling Podcast pointed out that Froome is now at a point in his career where few care if he finishes third or thirtieth in this race, so he is about as dangerous as a late-career Dirty Bertie in tactical terms. He may not hesitate to attack 40km from the finish if he thinks he can make it stick.

Utter speculation in almost every single word from the Cycling Podcast there.

Top Bottom