Giro 2019 SPOILERS ! (provided by rich p)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm hoping an exciting climb will delay me having to prick out my nasturtiums.
One nice thing about watching S4C for the HD is that I only get to hear the daffodils for less than 40 minutes during the highlights show. ;)

One of S4C's commentators was on BBC Bespoke this week. Speaking English, too! ;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Oooh, Eddie Dunbar goes early

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Hugh Carthy has now got the white jersey as leader of the young rider category :okay:

No one really showed their hand there. Landa looked pretty smooth and powerful but he didn't get too far and Nibali made the bridge to the main group pretty easily but overall Roglic looked at ease, especially on that final climb. Good though, finally.

Reactions: mjr

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Still boring today, but the long uphill climb tomorrow should open it up amongst the GC

giro-d-italia-2019-stage-13-profile-31b11d75b4.jpg

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Landa's attack today was a bit futile to be honest - but that seems to have been a trademark of his, he's got so much talent but he doesn't always make good tactical decisions (see also: Dan Martin).

Jan Polanc is an interesting name to see at the top and, you know, it's not completely beyond him to win this thing (he was 11th 2 years ago, so he can perform at a high level over a GT). I don't expect it to pan out that way, but stranger things have happened.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Nibali is a great attacking rider but he shows himself to be a tit, time and again.
Why would Roglic offer assistance to catch riders who are no threat.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nibali-irritated-by-roglics-defensive-giro-ditalia-tactics/

We all worked, except Roglic," Nibali said with disapproval while at the Bahrain-Merida bus post stage. "I worked, Yates did turns, all the big guys in the move worked except him."

Nibali acknowledged that Roglic has the right race defensively

Top Bottom