Giro 2019 SPOILERS ! (provided by rich p)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
WTF happened to Yates this Giro ? He really has done nothing.I can only presume he came with the intention of riding himself fit into the race and it not happening.
That's it, by all accounts, of which there are few. Suspicion of the usual tour tummy bug ripping through the team at one point, too.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Seems the jury has been called to explain its decisions on Roglic and Lopez to the UCI.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci...-assault-on-giro-ditalia-fan-goes-unpunished/

Seems they were just not up to date on the latest regulations for Roglic

As to the Lopez one, with my random internet fan hat on, I think it's fair enough. But I'm surprised that the jury didn't worry more about setting an inconvenient precedent. Next time Nacer loses his rag ...

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Seems the jury has been called to explain its decisions on Roglic and Lopez to the UCI.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci...-assault-on-giro-ditalia-fan-goes-unpunished/

Seems they were just not up to date on the latest regulations for Roglic

As to the Lopez one, with my random internet fan hat on, I think it's fair enough. But I'm surprised that the jury didn't worry more about setting an inconvenient precedent. Next time Nacer loses his rag ...
I sort of think it would have been better to just fine them both and look like it was a strict warning.Saying that if that 10 second penalty for Roglic would have cost him his podium I'd have been gutted.
It all went swimmingly so to speak.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I sort of think it would have been better to just fine them both and look like it was a strict warning.Saying that if that 10 second penalty for Roglic would have cost him his podium I'd have been gutted.
It all went swimmingly so to speak.
From the wording of the report, doing nothing maybe wasn't an option if they found Lopez guilty: could have been fines plus penalty plus elimination or disqualification.

I'm also surprised that collaborating with pushers isn't a time penalty any more. That seems like opening the door to riders buying themselves some time.

johnblack

Über Member
The best thing about the end of the Giro is not having to hear Rob Hatch gushing on about Nibali for a while, that man has a serious crush he needs to deal with, worse than Kirby's love for Clarke and Reichenbach.

Top Bottom