Giro 2020 SPOILERS !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
For a couple of glorious hours, he was the main BBC radio news sports item. But then they realised how great Lovely Lewis Hamilton is, so detailed reports of his Portugal win knocked Tao out of subsequent bulletins :sad:

Oh well, it was nice for a while!
I didn't realise Hamilton won. The bulletin I heard was wibble about how he's one of few motorists to talk about non-motor-racing topics. The BBC should try cycling past a few on the commute and then they'd hear a few!

Anyway, no mention of much other cycling so at least it briefly punctured the BBC blinkers.

Va Va Froome

Über Member
Quite nice to have the problem of fitting two big wins into UK sports news! Remember when it felt like a Top 10 or Top 25 was a big deal in UK sport!

The F1 news, while not a shock, is still pretty noteworthy. It is fair that breaking the race wins record gets a lot of prominence in the UK sports reports. :smile:

ITV News had the cycling as second sports clip last night. Still enough limelight to give Tao his moment. :okay:

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Is it just me or was there no real energy in the car, even when Jai won the Stelvio stage
Yea the atmosphere wasn't exactly party central.Second and third on the podium at the Giro.Aswell as a good tour I think they've had a pretty good year for a young enough team.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Is it just me or was there no real energy in the car, even when Jai won the Stelvio stage
Tricky balancing act when you have another rider in pink still on the road and dropping time. You don’t want to look too happy for the sake of the other guy.
that was the day they probably lost the overall race.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Is the trophy inspired by two QR springs?

_nc_ohc=jMV7Gag8y8wAX9CZOqL&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.jpg

Heard some more detail on the ... "unfortunate" buses stage (on TCP). The Race Director withheld all the day's prize money and gave it to a hospital, interesting tactic!

Sounds like a real shambles by both sides, could certainly have been handled better. Only real downer on the whole 3 weeks, for me.

Top Bottom