Giro 2021. (with spoilers )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
It's a pity that the Ineos team is much stronger than BE+Bahrain. If it was the other way round they could isolate Bernal on the first climb and then it would be a stage for the ages

As it is, I suspect he will lose a bit of time to Yates but nowhere near enough to put winning the Giro in doubt. Caruso will drop to 3rd, others too far back to make an impact
But that's the whole point of a team ? Yates rode his best performance yesterday in the Giro...no where near good enough to take enough time though.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
But that's the whole point of a team ? Yates rode his best performance yesterday in the Giro...no where near good enough to take enough time though.
Yes it is the point of a team, but from a sporting spectacle it's just a pity. Imagine if BE et al was able to isolate Bernal on the St Bernadino...but they won't be able to

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Yes it is the point of a team, but from a sporting spectacle it's just a pity. Imagine if BE et al was able to isolate Bernal on the St Bernadino...but they won't be able to
Got work today so I'll watch later....never say never ! It's possible,Froome 🙄 I think he'll try anyway.Who knows about Bernals health,if it's his back a TT bike will be like a instrument of torture !
Getting back to team work yesterday was a masterclass by Ineos.The way Ganna went back for Martinez and pulled the whole lot of them.Seems like he's allways got a smile on his face aswell ^_^ Bernal will be a worthy winner if he can last out.Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Caruso takes the stage with a gutsy ride there.
Another masterclass by Ineos though...Martinez ! Feck I was wondering will he ever give up :rolleyes:

Reactions: mjr

GuyBoden

Guru
People were queuing for Bury Black Pudding, but I think it has run out........😢

1622306296254.jpeg

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
martinez is a machine..
He finished off most off the chasers including Yates and Almeida on his own and still came in third !

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
First WT win, they say. Top ride and real class to thank Bilbao as he parked up. Don't remember Bernard doing that to Martinez. Shame no big differences expected in the snooze trial but maybe there will be another surprise like those TDFs.
Something Landa has never done...so many what ifs ?
I'm pretty sure Martinez and Bernal are more than happy....is there a more formidable duo in pro cycling at the moment ? No didn't think so.Im sure he'll be well rewarded.
The empire strikes back ^_^

Milzy

Guru
Very slim chance but it’s possible if Bernal has a bad TT Caruso could take this. Also possible for Yates to move into second & Bernal to slip into third. Now that would be an exiting final stage.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Very slim chance but it’s possible if Bernal has a bad TT Caruso could take this. Also possible for Yates to move into second & Bernal to slip into third. Now that would be an exiting final stage.
Only exiting thing today is Martinez fighting for fifth place :rolleyes:
Dauphine starts today if you don't fancy watching Ganna take the stage win.....

Top Bottom