Giro 2021. (with spoilers )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
You can enter your Dauphine team before 12. Be quick. It will auto add you to the C.C league.
Barely enough time for me...I usually spend hours/weeks studying form and past results :rolleyes:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
No final surprises for the ITT.
Great comeback by Bernal after his problems last year and an honourable mention for Yates and Caruso in the GC.
I enjoyed the new stage winners too and always good to see Dan Martin win again.

Let's hope the Tour is entertaining

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Tour Win and Giro by the time your 24....not bad.I even like the little wobble he had when he lost 30 seconds.Just to make the race exciting again 🙄
Great ride by Caruso and Yates.Just really hard to put a dent in a team like Ineos had.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Thoroughly enjoyed watching the Giro! My GCN subscription has been well worth it and I’ve particularly enjoyed watching The Breakaway after each stage too! Can’t imagine I’ll be watching Ned and David during the Tour, even if I feel slightly disloyal!

GuyBoden

Guru
Enjoyed the Giro, a noticeable rider for me was, João Almeida, who looked good in the mountains, good in the TT, but lost so much time on stage 4 for some reason. He's only aged 22, so could be a future top contender in the GC. He was 4th in the Giro last year, 6th this year.

Milzy

Guru
Enjoyed the Giro, a noticeable rider for me was, João Almeida, who looked good in the mountains, good in the TT, but lost so much time on stage 4 for some reason. He's only aged 22, so could be a future top contender in the GC. He was 4th in the Giro last year, 6th this year.
He’d be on the podium if it wasn’t for waiting for Remco. Yeah he’s a wonder kid but wasn’t ready for this GT, even if working for Almeida.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
It's easy to forget the Bernal from last year,people actually wrote him off...one hit wonder etc.He showed just how good he is again.I don't think we even saw the best of him in his first tour win.Hopefully soon,not this year I know but would be nice to see Pogi,Roglic,Bernal slog it out on a mountain somewhere ^_^

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
He’d be on the podium if it wasn’t for waiting for Remco. Yeah he’s a wonder kid but wasn’t ready for this GT, even if working for Almeida.
Ridiculous amount of expectation put on him at 21,he had what...11 days racing before the Giro.Should of just let him feck about and see how it went instead of the pressure of joint leaders with Almeida.Be good to see him back soon.

Domus

Guru
I enjoy the Giro more than TdF. The TdF has so much history, prestige and pressure the racing can be a bit predictable. Some teams ride not to win but to not lose. There are of course exceptions.

I still watch it though :laugh:

Top Bottom