Giro 2022.....SPOILERS.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Two mountain stages next up, brutal stuff. A mere 202km jaunt tomorrow peaking at over 6000ft .... good grief! :surrender:

Bar Thursday, which may well end in a bunch sprint, this final week are all tough stages with either summit finishes or a big climb very close to the finish. Expect some GC movement before the final time trial shoot out, which also has a hill in it for good measure!

cyclamen jersey

On that subject ... what kind of bonkers race makes the two main jerseys
PINK and
MAUVE ?? ?!? ??

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
On that subject ... what kind of bonkers race makes the two main jerseys
PINK and
MAUVE ?? ?!? ??
Yes, it's very strange when the points jersey was red 2010-2016 (and 1967-1969) and it is currently sponsored by the Italian Trade Agency who use the green/white/red flag colours heavily and before that it was Segafredo whose usual colour is red. The mountains jersey was green from its introduction until 2012 when it changed to match the sponsor's blue, so it's not like the Giro has usually been reluctant to change the minor colours.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Pissing me off working when theres racing on :rolleyes:
Looks like a brutal stage tommorow will Ineos,Bora take it on ? I reckon Carapaz needs at least a minute or so on the likes of Almeida going into the final TT ?
I reckon he'll take the stage tommorow ^_^

Last edited:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Pissing me off working when theres racing on :rolleyes:
Looks like a brutal stage tommorow will Ineos,Bora take it on ? I reckon Carapaz needs at least a minute or so on the likes of Almeida going into the final TT ?
I reckon he'll take the stage tommorow ^_^

Carapaz is surely favourite but Hindley looked reasonably comfortable and he rode a mature, sensible race. The bigger climbs might properly sort the GC out. Almeida will surely get dropped and not crab his way back on today?

Carapaz is surely favourite but Hindley looked reasonably comfortable and he rode a mature, sensible race. The bigger climbs might properly sort

Agreed the Olympic champ is favorite....to extend maglia rosa lead. Maybe not for the win...a strong break e.g. Carthy, Ciccone or Yates. But how strong is Ineos? Carapaz will need the likes of Porte and Sivakov not to have an off day.
And agree Bora looking strong too. Hindley and co. only need to sit on carriage 2 of the Ineos train. Or possibly send Buchman up the road.
And it would be good to see Nibbles push it on a descent just for our entertainment!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Has Geoghan Hart had any big chances recently ? Wasn't it Hindley that he saw off at his last Giro ?

It was.

Stage 1 crash in TdeF in 21, concussion and then further crashes wrecked his season last year.

Hasn't done much so far, but expect he'll be in Ineos's plans for 22 TdeF as an "option". Will depend a bit on whether Bernal gets back to full fitness who leads for them.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Carapaz is surely favourite but Hindley looked reasonably comfortable and he rode a mature, sensible race. The bigger climbs might properly sort the GC out. Almeida will surely get dropped and not crab his way back on today?
Almeida....team has been weak for him I think.Plus he's shoot descending...🙄
How many are holding anything back for the third week ? I think Carapaz will go for it today maybe.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'd forgotten he existed. Let alone that he won last year*. I have the memory of a goldfish.

* The year before last

Top Bottom