Giro Day 2 Spolier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skip Madness

Wow - Ben Swift's first ever grand tour road stage and he comes third. Not bad for a 21 year-old.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
He's been quietly building up a string of good results this season. Very nice to see that, for the first time in a long time, we don't just have one British rider who might have a chance at a time...

Cav versus Petacchi looks like it will fun all through this Giro though...

Skip Madness

Flying_Monkey said:
He's been quietly building up a string of good results this season. Very nice to see that, for the first time in a long time, we don't just have one British rider who might have a chance at a time...
In some ways it reminds me of Cavendish's first season at T-Mobile - lots of decent results in smaller races but I kept telling myself, "It will still be a few years before he is regularly challenging the big sprinters." Swift can now think realistically about stage wins in this Giro.

Keith Oates

Janner
From the reports I've read Cavendish admits he miss judged the sprint, which is a good sign and he will be even more determined in the next stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kennykool

Yeah watching the stage - it looked like Cav was left "on his heels" and wasn't prepared for the attack.

he gave it a bloody good go to catch up tho. I was screaming at the tele for him to power through.......He'll win a couple of stages at Giro.

Doesn't he look pretty in pink - is the first moutnain stage stage 4? I thought thats what I heard the commentators saying that last night?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Swift isn't the same kind of sprinter as Cav - he lacks the pure speed. He says himself that he is most likely to win where there are a few nasty hills or breaks before the final sprint which can weed out the fat boys...

Top Bottom