Giro del Trentino - SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
This is probably Wiggins and Nibali's last head to head before the Giro. The only start list I could find was still provisional and it starts in Lienz tomorrow with a double header stage. Sprint stage a.m. and a TTT in the afternoon.
A decent field including Basso, Scarponi, Pozzovivo, Rolland and Evans.
It could be a good illustration of the Giro given the terrain of the Dolomites.
Also featuring a few of the bad boys of Italian cycling - Rebellin in a Polish team, Pelizzotti, Garzella, Sella to name but a few.
MTN-QHUBEKA are there too for added interest.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
MTN-QHUBEKA are there too for added interest.

Execllent - and Tsgabu Grmay, who made history in the Tour of Taiwan recently, is racing. They have some strong climbers.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Nope, and neither are Garmin!
A few of the Pro teams aren't and a selection of unusual others are
http://www.girodeltrentino.com/EN/1/2/Teams.htm

It's a really interesting field and I can't see Pozzovivo defending his crown this year. It's great to see Team Colombia there, as none of the major Colombian riders with World Tour teams are riding. Of young Brits, Peter Kennaugh is riding for Sky and Erick Rowsell is there for NetApp-Endura. And my favourite Japanese escape artist, Yukiya Arashiro, is listed so there will be at least one 100+km heroic and hopeless escapade... :smile:

oldroadman

Veteran
Not a world tour race so first division teams are not obliged to ride it. A good opportunity for division 2 (pro-conti) teams and others to show what they can do, but ultimately, if ridden hard by the top teams, it will be an interesting form pointer for the Giro.

Thanks for the link to start list, all D1 and D2 teams. the usual mix expected for a race at this level. Some interesting scraps to be sorted out and no doubt the odd revalation by a D2 team.

Radchenister

Veteran
''Eurosport - Europe; Live video starting with stage 2 on Wednesday at 13:30 CET. Stage 1b highlights at 11:30 BST on British Eurosport '' - Steephill TV

Looks like no live coverage possibilities for today?

fimm

Veteran
Probably a stupid question, but why were the BBC describing the 124km opening stage as "unprecedented"? It sounded to me like they were quoting from a press release, but what was unusual about it?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I see Sky bullied the opposition again with their tactics of driving along in a line today. Typical USPS behaviour.:whistle:
13 seconds ahead of Astana which gives Wiggo some sort of cushion over Nibali in the mountains.

Sky must have decided todays breakaway isn't going to cut it in the mountains, otherwise they surely would have chased a seven minute gap?

Top Bottom