Giro d'Italia 2013, 4th-26th May - [Spoilers]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radchenister

Veteran
I was wondering who was going to set this thread up - pointless comment I know, just sticking my flag in for updates :smile: .

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
So, who do we fancy? Are there any other genuine contenders outside of Wiggo, Nibali and Hesjedal? I'd like to count Rodriguez as a hopeful, and he is in good form, but I fear he's destined to be the bridesmaid again. Scarponi and Gesink likewise. And Pozzovivo too? I'd kind of like to see Valverde do reasonably well, just because every panto needs a villain. As long as he doesn't win.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
http://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/Cycling-c110000020
I know it's a 3 week race and anything can happen but barring mechnicals and injuries it's really difficult to see past the first three in the betting.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Aye, I think Nibali, Wiggins, Hesjedal in that order, with a couple others in between somewhere hopefully to liven it up.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Are Talansky and Tejay VG riding?

I forgot about them. Presumably Talansky will be riding for Hesjedal - but if things don't work out for Hesjedal, he and Martin are pretty good backup options.

And Tejay will probably be riding for Evans as nominal team leader, won't he? At least until the first mountain stage when Evans inevitably blows up...

Top Bottom