Giro d'Italia 2015 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
And no Brits or Irish that I can spot.

beastie

Guru
That's quite disappointing. Sky feels less and less like a British team these days.
Andy Fenn
Chris Froome
Geraint Thomas
Ian Stannard
Luke Rowe
Ben Swift
Lil Pete Kennuagh

And almost British
Nico Roche
Phillip Deignan

You could probably claim those riders from ex colonial nations if you really must.

The classics side is more British now, and there will be 3 or 4 at the tour in support of Froome. It's a lot more than when I watched Millar in the Eighties.

Hont

Guru
7 Brits out of 28 is the lowest number in the team's history.

You can't count former colonies, this is 2015 not 1915. And good luck going into a pub in Dublin and saying any Irishman is almost British.

But all that is besides the point. They're supposed to be a British team but no Brits are entered in the Giro. Even Astana have managed to get a Kazakh into their line-up and most of them are serving bans.

Last edited:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
1430816262511.jpg

Hont

Guru
Nice to see a bit of dumbing down for the masses who can't imagine how far 3,481 km is. ;)

Only Sky and Trek are not fielding a single rider from the country in which they're registered (fact courtesy of Daniel Freibe on Twitter).

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Unless there is something I should know, I think the course and the time is right for wild boy, Rigoberto Uran Uran, this year. However, he hasn't always shown the killer instinct in GTs, so he needs to be hungry like the wolf this year.

Top Bottom